Quick Wholemeal Scones with Walnuts & Raisins
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
This is a nutritious wholemeal scones recipe with walnuts & raisins prepared in less than 30 minutes and full of clean ingredients.
Your kids will love this baked good in their lunchbox stuffed with some peanut butter, jam or nothing at all! These scones can keep for up to 3 days.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1 cup sour cream - قشدة حامضة
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/2 cup raisins - زبيب
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1/2 cup walnut - عين جمل / جوز
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a flat oven tray with parchment paper. Soak raisins in hot water for 10 minutes. Roughly chop walnuts.
- Sift flour then add baking powder and salt. Add sour cream and mix it lightly. Don't over-stir in order to keep a fluffy texture.
- Dry raisins by squeezing water out with your hands and add to batter along with the chopped walnuts. Make sure the fruit and nut are fully incorporated into the mix.
- Using a tablespoon, transfer scones on to the tray (put a heaped tablespoon for each) leaving some space in between. Garnish with the wheat flakes that resulted from sifting the NM wholewheat flour before placing the tray in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it is cooked through, remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
The house will smell divine while these filling, super healthy and extremely delicious Sweet...
Baked Chips with Blue Cheese Topping
الوصفة بالعربي This is such a simple (and quick!) crowd pleaser... everyone will...
Blondies (Golden Brownies)
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Who would have...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]