Quick Wholemeal Scones with Walnuts & Raisins
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
This is a nutritious wholemeal scones recipe with walnuts & raisins prepared in less than 30 minutes and full of clean ingredients.
Your kids will love this baked good in their lunchbox stuffed with some peanut butter, jam or nothing at all! These scones can keep for up to 3 days.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1 cup sour cream - قشدة حامضة
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/2 cup raisins - زبيب
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1/2 cup walnut - عين جمل / جوز
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a flat oven tray with parchment paper. Soak raisins in hot water for 10 minutes. Roughly chop walnuts.
- Sift flour then add baking powder and salt. Add sour cream and mix it lightly. Don't over-stir in order to keep a fluffy texture.
- Dry raisins by squeezing water out with your hands and add to batter along with the chopped walnuts. Make sure the fruit and nut are fully incorporated into the mix.
- Using a tablespoon, transfer scones on to the tray (put a heaped tablespoon for each) leaving some space in between. Garnish with the wheat flakes that resulted from sifting the NM wholewheat flour before placing the tray in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it is cooked through, remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Fast & Healthy No-Mayo Coleslaw
This is a healthier version of the creamy, crunchy classic version. Just throw one pack of coleslaw...
Luscious White Chocolate Lava Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-pan.com This cake...
Rocca-Cranberry Labna Sandwich
If you are out of healthy and different sandwich ideas, try this one. It’s easy, super healthy,...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.