Quick Wholemeal Scones with Walnuts & Raisins
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
This is a nutritious wholemeal scones recipe with walnuts & raisins prepared in less than 30 minutes and full of clean ingredients.
Your kids will love this baked good in their lunchbox stuffed with some peanut butter, jam or nothing at all! These scones can keep for up to 3 days.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1 cup sour cream - قشدة حامضة
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/2 cup raisins - زبيب
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1/2 cup walnut - عين جمل / جوز
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a flat oven tray with parchment paper. Soak raisins in hot water for 10 minutes. Roughly chop walnuts.
- Sift flour then add baking powder and salt. Add sour cream and mix it lightly. Don't over-stir in order to keep a fluffy texture.
- Dry raisins by squeezing water out with your hands and add to batter along with the chopped walnuts. Make sure the fruit and nut are fully incorporated into the mix.
- Using a tablespoon, transfer scones on to the tray (put a heaped tablespoon for each) leaving some space in between. Garnish with the wheat flakes that resulted from sifting the NM wholewheat flour before placing the tray in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it is cooked through, remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Beetroot & Mint Dip
Beetroot & mint are a match made in heaven! This hearty Beetroot & Mint dip is sweet,...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted...
Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
Nothing in your child's lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach and Minced Beef...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]