Quick Wholemeal Scones with Walnuts & Raisins
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
This is a nutritious wholemeal scones recipe with walnuts & raisins prepared in less than 30 minutes and full of clean ingredients.
Your kids will love this baked good in their lunchbox stuffed with some peanut butter, jam or nothing at all! These scones can keep for up to 3 days.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1 cup sour cream - قشدة حامضة
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/2 cup raisins - زبيب
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1/2 cup walnut - عين جمل / جوز
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a flat oven tray with parchment paper. Soak raisins in hot water for 10 minutes. Roughly chop walnuts.
- Sift flour then add baking powder and salt. Add sour cream and mix it lightly. Don't over-stir in order to keep a fluffy texture.
- Dry raisins by squeezing water out with your hands and add to batter along with the chopped walnuts. Make sure the fruit and nut are fully incorporated into the mix.
- Using a tablespoon, transfer scones on to the tray (put a heaped tablespoon for each) leaving some space in between. Garnish with the wheat flakes that resulted from sifting the NM wholewheat flour before placing the tray in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it is cooked through, remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Baked Chicken Fingers
الوصفة بالعربي If my daughter had the option, she would have eaten fried breaded...
Meat Cubes with Carrots & Potatoes
Kabab Halla or meat cubes cooked with carrots and potatoes is such an ancient dish in our family....
Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]