Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
By shahdan • March 30, 2019
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches.
In gatherings, we like to serve a large shawarma platter with wraps, round sandwich bread, tahini, garlic sauce, and pickles on the side. It is always a great crowd pleaser, and prepared only 30 minutes ahead. An absolute delight!
Pomegranate molasses gives this dish a nice tangy flavour and beautiful shine, but if you can’t find it, feel free to leave it out.
Leftovers are best kept in a sealed box in the fridge and used as sandwich fillers for the lunchbox and for day and night cravings.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (diced) - بصلة
- 500 gram minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (optional) - دبس رمان
- 2 tablespoon tahini (straight from the jar) - طحينة
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 medium tomatoes (deseeded & diced) - طماطم
- 1 bunch parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Heat oil in a large pan and sauté diced onions on medium heat until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add minced beef, season with cinnamon and all spice and stir occasionally on high heat until beef is cooked and juices are almost absorbed.
- Add vinegar and generously squeeze lime juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pomegranate molasses and stir, then turn off heat and add 2 generous tablespoons tahini from jar. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Add diced tomatoes and chopped parsley. Mix and serve with your favourite bread, tahini dip, or garlic sauce and pickles.
Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
Easy & quick Chocolate Mug Cake to satisfy your chocolate craving. Recipe uploaded by Noha...
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed...
Caramelized Almonds Covered with Dark Chocolate
Three ingredients and you have your own customized chocolate bites... you can prepare them for your...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]