Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
By shahdan • March 30, 2019
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches.
In gatherings, we like to serve a large shawarma platter with wraps, round sandwich bread, tahini, garlic sauce, and pickles on the side. It is always a great crowd pleaser, and prepared only 30 minutes ahead. An absolute delight!
Pomegranate molasses gives this dish a nice tangy flavour and beautiful shine, but if you can’t find it, feel free to leave it out.
Leftovers are best kept in a sealed box in the fridge and used as sandwich fillers for the lunchbox and for day and night cravings.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (diced) - بصلة
- 500 gram minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (optional) - دبس رمان
- 2 tablespoon tahini (straight from the jar) - طحينة
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 medium tomatoes (deseeded & diced) - طماطم
- 1 bunch parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Heat oil in a large pan and sauté diced onions on medium heat until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add minced beef, season with cinnamon and all spice and stir occasionally on high heat until beef is cooked and juices are almost absorbed.
- Add vinegar and generously squeeze lime juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pomegranate molasses and stir, then turn off heat and add 2 generous tablespoons tahini from jar. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Add diced tomatoes and chopped parsley. Mix and serve with your favourite bread, tahini dip, or garlic sauce and pickles.
Roasted Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي The Roasted Turmeric Chicken has bold flavours, vibrant colours, moist...
Nutritious Freekeh with Chicken Dish
Extremely nutritious, freekeh is one of the healthiest grains. This grain can be easily cooked into...
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Here is a healthy low calorie, gluten free breakfast recipe! A recipe by Maha...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]