Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
By shahdan • March 30, 2019
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches.
In gatherings, we like to serve a large shawarma platter with wraps, round sandwich bread, tahini, garlic sauce, and pickles on the side. It is always a great crowd pleaser, and prepared only 30 minutes ahead. An absolute delight!
Pomegranate molasses gives this dish a nice tangy flavour and beautiful shine, but if you can’t find it, feel free to leave it out.
Leftovers are best kept in a sealed box in the fridge and used as sandwich fillers for the lunchbox and for day and night cravings.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (diced) - بصلة
- 500 gram minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (optional) - دبس رمان
- 2 tablespoon tahini (straight from the jar) - طحينة
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 medium tomatoes (deseeded & diced) - طماطم
- 1 bunch parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Heat oil in a large pan and sauté diced onions on medium heat until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add minced beef, season with cinnamon and all spice and stir occasionally on high heat until beef is cooked and juices are almost absorbed.
- Add vinegar and generously squeeze lime juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pomegranate molasses and stir, then turn off heat and add 2 generous tablespoons tahini from jar. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Add diced tomatoes and chopped parsley. Mix and serve with your favourite bread, tahini dip, or garlic sauce and pickles.
Wholewheat & Oats Fruity Pancakes
These nutritious wholewheat pancakes with oats and fruits are made delicious with added bananas...
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your...
Meat Cubes with Carrots & Potatoes
Kabab Halla or meat cubes cooked with carrots and potatoes is such an ancient dish in our family....
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]