Pumpkin Mini Muffins
By Hebba • October 12, 2015
These super yummy pumpkin muffins are one of the reasons why we love Halloween! Sweet, moist and nutritious, these are definitely one of our favourite treats.
(Recipe adapted from Super Healthy Kids: Toasted Coconut Pumpkin Bread recipe)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 1/4 cup molasses - عسل أسود
- 1/2 cup honey - عسل
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 kg pumpkin (1 cup cooked & pureed) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves - قرنفل
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- To puree the pumpkin, either cut small cubes and steam, or cut small cubes and roast in the oven. Then blend to puree.
- Mix together vanilla, salt, cinnamon powder, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Mix the coconut oil, pumkin puree, honey, molasses, eggs with a handheld mixer.
- Add the above dry ingredients plus whole wheat, baking powder and baking soda to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Divide batter into your greased muffin tins and bake until browned, about 10 minutes for mini muffins and 20 min for regular size muffins.
Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Fresh Basil
Heavy but heavenly… I love the beautiful earthy flavor that mushrooms add to a simple pasta dish,...
Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your...
Popcorn Granola Trailmix
Your kids will love this Popcorn Granola Trailmix in their lunchbox. It is also so nutritious and...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]