Pumpkin Mini Muffins
By Hebba • October 12, 2015
These super yummy pumpkin muffins are one of the reasons why we love Halloween! Sweet, moist and nutritious, these are definitely one of our favourite treats.
(Recipe adapted from Super Healthy Kids: Toasted Coconut Pumpkin Bread recipe)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 1/4 cup molasses - عسل أسود
- 1/2 cup honey - عسل
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 kg pumpkin (1 cup cooked & pureed) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves - قرنفل
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- To puree the pumpkin, either cut small cubes and steam, or cut small cubes and roast in the oven. Then blend to puree.
- Mix together vanilla, salt, cinnamon powder, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Mix the coconut oil, pumkin puree, honey, molasses, eggs with a handheld mixer.
- Add the above dry ingredients plus whole wheat, baking powder and baking soda to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Divide batter into your greased muffin tins and bake until browned, about 10 minutes for mini muffins and 20 min for regular size muffins.
Dutch Tuna Salad
This is a very famous tuna mix in Holland. When you go to any lunch place and ask for a tuna...
Wholesome Black-Eyed Pea Salad
It's time to give black-eyed peas a chance since it is creamy, nutritious and full of goodness...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.