Poached Egg with Fresh Spinach & Salmon
By shahdan • January 14, 2016
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it is a great time to spoil yourself and your loved ones – the ‘healthy’ way – with this special breakfast! One poached egg is served on a bed of freshly steamed spinach leaves, with a side of omega-3 rich smoked salmon, and finished off with some toasted pine nuts!
- 1 large egg - بيضة
- 4 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 2 slice smoked salmon - سمك السلمون المدخن
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Toast pine nuts: Add pine nuts to a small dry pan and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat, while shaking the pan occasionally until golden. Set aside.
- To poach the egg: Boil water in the kettle. Pour the boiling water into a small to medium pot (it needs to be about three quarters full.)
- Add the vinegar to the water and leave the water to simmer and bubble over medium heat.
- In the meantime, gently break the egg in a small bowl.
- While the water and vinegar are simmering, make a swirl in the water using a spoon (as if your mixing the water). When the water is spinning around, gently tip in the egg. This helps the egg white cook around the egg yolk.
- Leave the egg to poach for 3 minutes only, if you like your egg yolk runny. (You will need to time it).
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the egg carefully and place it on kitchen tissue to drain.
- Wash spinach with fresh water, then place the wet leaves in a small pot over medium heat. Cover for 1- 2 minutes until spinach leaves are slightly wilted yet still look fresh and green.
- To assemble the dish: Arrange spinach on the serving plate. Carefully place poached egg over spinach then add smoked salmon on the side. Sprinkle pine nuts on top.
- Sprinkle sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
No-Fuss Green Juice
You need a slow juicer for this recipe - or you can use a strong blender and add half cup of...
The Rice-Meatball Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي Turn CairoCooking's Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting...
Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
This is a very easy dinner party dish that will wow your guests. It is also loaded with healthy...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]