Poached Egg with Fresh Spinach & Salmon
By shahdan • January 14, 2016
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it is a great time to spoil yourself and your loved ones – the ‘healthy’ way – with this special breakfast! One poached egg is served on a bed of freshly steamed spinach leaves, with a side of omega-3 rich smoked salmon, and finished off with some toasted pine nuts!
- 1 large egg - بيضة
- 4 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 2 slice smoked salmon - سمك السلمون المدخن
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Toast pine nuts: Add pine nuts to a small dry pan and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat, while shaking the pan occasionally until golden. Set aside.
- To poach the egg: Boil water in the kettle. Pour the boiling water into a small to medium pot (it needs to be about three quarters full.)
- Add the vinegar to the water and leave the water to simmer and bubble over medium heat.
- In the meantime, gently break the egg in a small bowl.
- While the water and vinegar are simmering, make a swirl in the water using a spoon (as if your mixing the water). When the water is spinning around, gently tip in the egg. This helps the egg white cook around the egg yolk.
- Leave the egg to poach for 3 minutes only, if you like your egg yolk runny. (You will need to time it).
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the egg carefully and place it on kitchen tissue to drain.
- Wash spinach with fresh water, then place the wet leaves in a small pot over medium heat. Cover for 1- 2 minutes until spinach leaves are slightly wilted yet still look fresh and green.
- To assemble the dish: Arrange spinach on the serving plate. Carefully place poached egg over spinach then add smoked salmon on the side. Sprinkle pine nuts on top.
- Sprinkle sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt...
Yummy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Egyptian farmers are now growing all these new vegetables and greens that were earlier either...
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Not just an incredible dip and appetiser, this hummus is great for kids not just with a sweetness...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!