Poached Egg with Fresh Spinach & Salmon
By shahdan • January 14, 2016
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it is a great time to spoil yourself and your loved ones – the ‘healthy’ way – with this special breakfast! One poached egg is served on a bed of freshly steamed spinach leaves, with a side of omega-3 rich smoked salmon, and finished off with some toasted pine nuts!
- 1 large egg - بيضة
- 4 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 2 slice smoked salmon - سمك السلمون المدخن
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Toast pine nuts: Add pine nuts to a small dry pan and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat, while shaking the pan occasionally until golden. Set aside.
- To poach the egg: Boil water in the kettle. Pour the boiling water into a small to medium pot (it needs to be about three quarters full.)
- Add the vinegar to the water and leave the water to simmer and bubble over medium heat.
- In the meantime, gently break the egg in a small bowl.
- While the water and vinegar are simmering, make a swirl in the water using a spoon (as if your mixing the water). When the water is spinning around, gently tip in the egg. This helps the egg white cook around the egg yolk.
- Leave the egg to poach for 3 minutes only, if you like your egg yolk runny. (You will need to time it).
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the egg carefully and place it on kitchen tissue to drain.
- Wash spinach with fresh water, then place the wet leaves in a small pot over medium heat. Cover for 1- 2 minutes until spinach leaves are slightly wilted yet still look fresh and green.
- To assemble the dish: Arrange spinach on the serving plate. Carefully place poached egg over spinach then add smoked salmon on the side. Sprinkle pine nuts on top.
- Sprinkle sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on...
Oozy Dark Chocolate Fondant
You know that fondant that you get addicted to at some restaurants and tend to go back to for...
Fried Eggs with Dates (Aagwa)
This is a childhood favourite! The sweetness of the dates fried in butter with the lightly...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]