Poached Egg with Fresh Spinach & Salmon
By shahdan • January 14, 2016
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it is a great time to spoil yourself and your loved ones – the ‘healthy’ way – with this special breakfast! One poached egg is served on a bed of freshly steamed spinach leaves, with a side of omega-3 rich smoked salmon, and finished off with some toasted pine nuts!
- 1 large egg - بيضة
- 4 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 2 slice smoked salmon - سمك السلمون المدخن
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Toast pine nuts: Add pine nuts to a small dry pan and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat, while shaking the pan occasionally until golden. Set aside.
- To poach the egg: Boil water in the kettle. Pour the boiling water into a small to medium pot (it needs to be about three quarters full.)
- Add the vinegar to the water and leave the water to simmer and bubble over medium heat.
- In the meantime, gently break the egg in a small bowl.
- While the water and vinegar are simmering, make a swirl in the water using a spoon (as if your mixing the water). When the water is spinning around, gently tip in the egg. This helps the egg white cook around the egg yolk.
- Leave the egg to poach for 3 minutes only, if you like your egg yolk runny. (You will need to time it).
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the egg carefully and place it on kitchen tissue to drain.
- Wash spinach with fresh water, then place the wet leaves in a small pot over medium heat. Cover for 1- 2 minutes until spinach leaves are slightly wilted yet still look fresh and green.
- To assemble the dish: Arrange spinach on the serving plate. Carefully place poached egg over spinach then add smoked salmon on the side. Sprinkle pine nuts on top.
- Sprinkle sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Soy & Ginger Bulgur Salad
The soy & ginger bulgur is an exotic and tasty salad on its own, as well as a great side dish...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family...
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]