Salmon Philadelphia Sushi Roll
By Sarah Hamada • November 30, 2016
Always thought sushi is difficult to make but it turned out easy to prepare at home in no time. The most important factor is to cook the sushi rice correctly.
- 1 cup rice - أرز
- 1 pack cream cheese (like Philadelphia) - جبن كريمى
- 1 pack salmon (cut into thick slices) - سمك السلمون
- 3 teaspoon sugar - سكر
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar - خل حمض تفاح
- 3 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 piece avocado (thinly sliced lengthwise) - أفوكادو
Step by step
- Wash the rice continuously until the water runs clear then boil it in a cup of water. Sushi rice cooks in 1:1 ratio.
- Cook for 20 minutes then turn off the heat leaving the pot covered for up to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the rice seasoning by mixing apple vinegar with salt and sugar. Then stir the seasoning into the rice with a wooden spoon. Let it continue to cool down by covering the pot again with a cold wet cloth.
- To start rolling, use a bamboo mat covered in plastic or a special rubber mat for sushi rolls. Place a sheet of seaweed on it followed by the sticky rice then the avocado slices, then the sashimi salmon slices, all lengthwise. Top with cream cheese. Dip your hand in some water with vinegar then start rolling it slowly and pat it to stick together.
- Cut the large roll into thick round pieces and serve next to soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabi.
Fruit & Oats Cinnamon Nibbling Cake
From 12 months. Everyone loves cake. It is comforting, sweet and soft to the taste. Toddlers at...
Thai Beef Salad
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a...
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.