Salmon Philadelphia Sushi Roll
By Sarah Hamada • November 30, 2016
Always thought sushi is difficult to make but it turned out easy to prepare at home in no time. The most important factor is to cook the sushi rice correctly.
- 1 cup rice - أرز
- 1 pack cream cheese (like Philadelphia) - جبن كريمى
- 1 pack salmon (cut into thick slices) - سمك السلمون
- 3 teaspoon sugar - سكر
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar - خل حمض تفاح
- 3 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 piece avocado (thinly sliced lengthwise) - أفوكادو
Step by step
- Wash the rice continuously until the water runs clear then boil it in a cup of water. Sushi rice cooks in 1:1 ratio.
- Cook for 20 minutes then turn off the heat leaving the pot covered for up to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the rice seasoning by mixing apple vinegar with salt and sugar. Then stir the seasoning into the rice with a wooden spoon. Let it continue to cool down by covering the pot again with a cold wet cloth.
- To start rolling, use a bamboo mat covered in plastic or a special rubber mat for sushi rolls. Place a sheet of seaweed on it followed by the sticky rice then the avocado slices, then the sashimi salmon slices, all lengthwise. Top with cream cheese. Dip your hand in some water with vinegar then start rolling it slowly and pat it to stick together.
- Cut the large roll into thick round pieces and serve next to soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabi.
Wholewheat & Oats Fruity Pancakes
These nutritious wholewheat pancakes with oats and fruits are made delicious with added bananas...
Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Transform everyday ingredients such as chicken, carrots and broccoli into an elegant and super...
Delicious Breakfast: Millet Porridge with Dates & Blueberries
Millet has replaced oats in my book for some time now. I love the texture of it, it tastes more...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.