Salmon Philadelphia Sushi Roll
By Sarah Hamada • November 30, 2016
Always thought sushi is difficult to make but it turned out easy to prepare at home in no time. The most important factor is to cook the sushi rice correctly.
- 1 cup rice - أرز
- 1 pack cream cheese (like Philadelphia) - جبن كريمى
- 1 pack salmon (cut into thick slices) - سمك السلمون
- 3 teaspoon sugar - سكر
- 1 teaspoon apple vinegar - خل تفاح
- 3 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 piece avocado (thinly sliced lengthwise) - أفوكادو
Step by step
- Wash the rice continuously until the water runs clear then boil it in a cup of water. Sushi rice cooks in 1:1 ratio.
- Cook for 20 minutes then turn off the heat leaving the pot covered for up to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the rice seasoning by mixing apple vinegar with salt and sugar. Then stir the seasoning into the rice with a wooden spoon. Let it continue to cool down by covering the pot again with a cold wet cloth.
- To start rolling, use a bamboo mat covered in plastic or a special rubber mat for sushi rolls. Place a sheet of seaweed on it followed by the sticky rice then the avocado slices, then the sashimi salmon slices, all lengthwise. Top with cream cheese. Dip your hand in some water with vinegar then start rolling it slowly and pat it to stick together.
- Cut the large roll into thick round pieces and serve next to soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabi.
Classical Rice Pudding
Dig into this classic rice pudding and enjoy its delicate flavour. It is super silky & creamy,...
Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Bake
From 9 months. This is a perfect broccoli - cauliflower mix recipe to introduce your baby to...
Late Night Date & Custard Pie
This Date & Custard Pie is a result of a ready-made pie crust from Gourmet and the love for...
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.
Creamy Avocado Hummus
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new favourite crowd pleaser, as well as an everyday guilt-free dip for those late-night cravings.
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.