Carpaccio on Parmesan Chips
By yasmine • July 31, 2015
This is a special dish for those people who appreciate a delicate appetiser. It is crispy, smooth, and acidic! It impresses any guests and adds sophistication to your table.
You can get beef carpaccio at a special food supermarkets or a high level butcher at a fairly good price. The more red its colour the fresher the carpaccio is.
When you let the parmesan chips cool after the baking – make sure you cover them or place them in an airtight container so they don’t go stale and remain crisp when you use them.
You can drizzle your carpaccio chips with Balsamic Glaze instead of the olive oil/balsamic mix mentioned.
- 100 gram parmesan cheese (finely grated) - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful arugula (only stems removed) - جرجير
- 1 handful pine nuts - صنوبر
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 150 gram carpaccio - شرائح لحمة نية
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- To prepare the chips, scoop 2 teaspoons of parmesan on the parchment and flatten into a round shape. Leave little space between each chip and repeat. A regular oven tray should allow around 8 chips.
- Put in the oven for 7 minutes or until they seem melted (before they get much colour). Afterwards, let them completely cool (while they're still soft) until they harden into chips.
- Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar and set aside. Or replace with ready-made balsamic glaze.
- In the meantime, toast the pine nuts for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Now you are ready for layering. In a serving plate, place the chips, then add a large arugula piece on top (you can fold it if easier) then a carpaccio piece over them. Sprinkle some pine nuts on top then drizzle about a teaspoon from the olive oil/balsamic mix. Finish with fresh pepper on top. Repeat until your ingredients are all used.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
Creamy Mussels Pasta Tagliatelle
Mussles are so easy to cook yet always add luxury to any menu. This dish takes so little time...
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan...
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.
Creamy Avocado Hummus
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new favourite crowd pleaser, as well as an everyday guilt-free dip for those late-night cravings.
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.