Carpaccio on Parmesan Chips
By yasmine • July 31, 2015
This is a special dish for those people who appreciate a delicate appetiser. It is crispy, smooth, and acidic! It impresses any guests and adds sophistication to your table.
You can get beef carpaccio at a special food supermarkets or a high level butcher at a fairly good price. The more red its colour the fresher the carpaccio is.
When you let the parmesan chips cool after the baking – make sure you cover them or place them in an airtight container so they don’t go stale and remain crisp when you use them.
You can drizzle your carpaccio chips with Balsamic Glaze instead of the olive oil/balsamic mix mentioned.
- 100 gram parmesan cheese (finely grated) - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful arugula (only stems removed) - جرجير
- 1 handful pine nuts - صنوبر
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 150 gram carpaccio - شرائح لحمة نية
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- To prepare the chips, scoop 2 teaspoons of parmesan on the parchment and flatten into a round shape. Leave little space between each chip and repeat. A regular oven tray should allow around 8 chips.
- Put in the oven for 7 minutes or until they seem melted (before they get much colour). Afterwards, let them completely cool (while they're still soft) until they harden into chips.
- Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar and set aside. Or replace with ready-made balsamic glaze.
- In the meantime, toast the pine nuts for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Now you are ready for layering. In a serving plate, place the chips, then add a large arugula piece on top (you can fold it if easier) then a carpaccio piece over them. Sprinkle some pine nuts on top then drizzle about a teaspoon from the olive oil/balsamic mix. Finish with fresh pepper on top. Repeat until your ingredients are all used.
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish... Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served...
Vegetable Glass Noodles
Who wouldn't like a bowl of Asian Glass noodles with luscious fresh vegetables? It is perfect and...
Everyone’s Favourite Shawerma
The secret recipe to the best homemade shawerma is finally revealed. We had to dig for the...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.