Orzo & Vegetables Salad
By shahdan • September 17, 2018
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to your family preference (like broccoli, tomatoes, olives, finely chopped baby spinach, cooked green beans…etc.)
The dressing is a simply composed of olive oil and sea salt. It might sound simple, but the flavours are big.
- 250 gram orzo - لسان عصفور
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1/2 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 cup peas (half-cooked then washed in cold water) - بسلة
- 2 medium cucumber - خيار
- 2 medium carrots (diced) - جزر
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced) - فلفل رومي احمر
- sea salt - ملح البحر
Step by step
- Cover the orzo with hot water and boil until cooked or follow package instructions for best results.
- Drain orzo, place in a bowl then add olive oil and stir. Set aside to cool.
- Cut cucumbers, carrots and pepper into small cubes. For best results, slice into thin julienne sticks, then chop the sticks into small cubes.
- Half-cook frozen peas in boiling water until slightly cooked yet still vibrant green (taste one to decide) then rinse with cold water.
- Drain sweet corn from can and rinse with fresh water.
- Add vegetables and corn to cooled orzo. Season with sea salt, cover and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. You may add precooked or leftover chicken pieces before serving.
Fool-Proof One-Pot Molokheya
When it comes to Molokheya, everyone has a personal favourite. Some like it more garlicky, thicker...
Colourful Easter Pancakes
Easter is almost here and here is an easy colorful pancakes breakfast for such an...
Creamy Mussels Pasta Tagliatelle
Mussles are so easy to cook yet always add luxury to any menu. This dish takes so little time...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]