Oat & Fruit Pancakes
By shahdan • October 2, 2017
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
- ½ cup oats - شوفان
- 1 large egg - بيضة
- 1/2 large banana - موز
- 1/2 medium apple (grated) - تفاحة
- 1 small zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder (optional) - قرفة
- 1 teaspoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Place the oats in a small blender and pulse until finely grinded.
- Keep in the blender, add egg and blend further.
- Add the banana, grated apple, zucchini and cinnamon, and pulse into a thick pancake dough.
- Brush a large pan with oil and place on medium heat. Using a tablespoon, drop one spoon for every pancake. Flip when you see the sides bubbling and cooking firmer. Leave to cook on the other side, remove from heat and serve. You can place them in a bag or small box after cooling and place them in the fridge ready for the next day.
Warm Freekeh Eggplant Salad
Who knew the combination of freekeh and eggplants can be so hearty? The Warm Freekeh Eggplant...
Simplified Sayyadeya Fish
This fish sayyadeya casserole is perfect for a lazy summer day. The fish is tender and delicious...
Mushroom & Onion Pie
Pies are so hearty, filling and a special treat on any dining table. I used store-bought short...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]