Oat & Fruit Pancakes
By shahdan • October 2, 2017
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
- ½ cup oats - شوفان
- 1 large egg - بيضة
- 1/2 large banana - موز
- 1/2 medium apple (grated) - تفاحة
- 1 small zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder (optional) - قرفة
- 1 teaspoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Place the oats in a small blender and pulse until finely grinded.
- Keep in the blender, add egg and blend further.
- Add the banana, grated apple, zucchini and cinnamon, and pulse into a thick pancake dough.
- Brush a large pan with oil and place on medium heat. Using a tablespoon, drop one spoon for every pancake. Flip when you see the sides bubbling and cooking firmer. Leave to cook on the other side, remove from heat and serve. You can place them in a bag or small box after cooling and place them in the fridge ready for the next day.
Chicken Meatballs & Cauliflower Alfredo Spaghetti
It is a rich meal full of hidden veggies! The meatballs on their own could be used in kids...
Homemade Crispy & Creamy Konafa
الوصفه بالعربي Golden, thin, crispy and shimmering with light sweet syrup on top…...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]