By shahdan • May 8, 2019
Adding lentils to Tabboula, not only gives this classic salad a beautiful earthy flavour, but it also makes it filling and nutritious enough to be a complete vegan dish on its own, or delightful side dish served next to grilled protein.
- 1/2 cup brown lentils (soaked in water for 1 hour) - عدس بني
- 1/3 cup bulgur - برغل
- 1 cup parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 large tomato - طماطم
- 1 stalks spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 8 leaves mint - نعناع
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
Step by step
- Rinse pre-soaked lentils with fresh water, then place in a small saucepan, cover generously with water and place on medium heat until lentils are soft but not mushy. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- Wash bulgur with water. Place in a bowl. Cover with boiling water from a kettle and cover bowl. Within 30 minutes, bulgur will soften. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- In the meant time, finely chop parsley, tomatoes, spring onion and mint. Mix in a medium salad bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar.
- When lentils and bulgur have cooled, add to the salad bowl. Pour dressing over them and mix. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with extra chopped tomatoes and fresh mint leaves.
Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
Nothing in your child's lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach and Minced Beef...
Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something...
Sweet Potato Dessert with Croquant
This Sweet Potato Dessert is a very special dish for special occasions. It is not a light one, but...
Simple, delicious, and the perfect companion to any protein dish especially fish! With some simple ingredients, the simple zucchini is transferred into a succulent vegan and wholesome side dish in 20 minutes.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]