By shahdan • May 8, 2019
Adding lentils to Tabboula, not only gives this classic salad a beautiful earthy flavour, but it also makes it filling and nutritious enough to be a complete vegan dish on its own, or delightful side dish served next to grilled protein.
- 1/2 cup brown lentils (soaked in water for 1 hour) - عدس بني
- 1/3 cup bulgur - برغل
- 1 cup parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 large tomato - طماطم
- 1 stalks spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 8 leaves mint - نعناع
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
Step by step
- Rinse pre-soaked lentils with fresh water, then place in a small saucepan, cover generously with water and place on medium heat until lentils are soft but not mushy. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- Wash bulgur with water. Place in a bowl. Cover with boiling water from a kettle and cover bowl. Within 30 minutes, bulgur will soften. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- In the meant time, finely chop parsley, tomatoes, spring onion and mint. Mix in a medium salad bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar.
- When lentils and bulgur have cooled, add to the salad bowl. Pour dressing over them and mix. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with extra chopped tomatoes and fresh mint leaves.
El-Mouled Gingerbread Cookies
When a classic christmassy recipe meets a very authentic presentation..Just the perfect way to...
One Pot Chicken, Mushroom & Broccoli
الوصفه بالعربي Such a simple recipe cooked all at once in one pot! No mess and it...
الوصفة بالعربي A fun and tasty dessert Recipe uploaded by Dina...
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]