By shahdan • May 8, 2019
Adding lentils to Tabboula, not only gives this classic salad a beautiful earthy flavour, but it also makes it filling and nutritious enough to be a complete vegan dish on its own, or delightful side dish served next to grilled protein.
- 1/2 cup brown lentils (soaked in water for 1 hour) - عدس بني
- 1/3 cup bulgur - برغل
- 1 cup parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 large tomato - طماطم
- 1 stalks spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 8 leaves mint - نعناع
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
Step by step
- Rinse pre-soaked lentils with fresh water, then place in a small saucepan, cover generously with water and place on medium heat until lentils are soft but not mushy. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- Wash bulgur with water. Place in a bowl. Cover with boiling water from a kettle and cover bowl. Within 30 minutes, bulgur will soften. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- In the meant time, finely chop parsley, tomatoes, spring onion and mint. Mix in a medium salad bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar.
- When lentils and bulgur have cooled, add to the salad bowl. Pour dressing over them and mix. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with extra chopped tomatoes and fresh mint leaves.
Fennel & Potato Soup – the ultimate winter warm up!
The warmth of the potato creaminess and the crispiness of the fennel as well as its subtle...
Garlic & Vinegar Slow-Cooked Lamb: Lamb Vindaloo
This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge which closes Dec 5, 2015. Click here to...
Classic Egyptian Belila
Nothing beats a warm bowl of belila with coconut and nuts! The ultimate winter comfort...
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.