Nutritious Cheesy Rosemary Crackers
By yasmine • August 23, 2015
Your house will smell like a bakery in the morning with these small crunchy savoury treats. Imagine you bake your own crackers making sure it has all these nutritional carbs and making it entirely your own recipe once you master preparing it. You can keep them up to a week in a sealed container and have your kids munching through them wether as a snack at school or between sports practices. They are also a great addition to your gatherings as a home-made cracker next to your dips.
You can substitute the mozzarella with shredded cheddar, parmesan mixed in, or smoked cheese while also substituting the rosemary with oregano or basil. That way you can play around with it to find your perfect kiddie or grown up version.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup oats (blended until it's a fine powder OR oatmeal) - شوفان
- 2 tablespoon wheat germ (optional) - جنين القمح
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) - جبن موتزاريلا
- 1-2 tablespoon rosemary (finely chopped - to taste) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/4 cup water (or a bit more) - ماء
Step by step
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, oats, salt, rosemary, wheat germ) and place them in a blender.
- In another bowl, mix oil and water with the cheese.
- Add wet mix to the blender bit by bit while you pulse the blender. Once you have mixed all together it should start forming a ball as you pulse. You may need to add more water if its too dry.
- Dust a clean surface with some flour, and roll out the dough to a 1/2cm thickness. Use stencils to cut out round forms or a knife to cut horizontally and vertically creating squares.
- Place your individual raw crackers on the baking sheet with little space between them (they do not grow in size). Place it in the oven for about 12 minutes or until they turn golden.
- Remove crackers carefully from baking tray and let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Roasted Beets & Carrot Soup
الوصفة بالعربي In season, summer root vegetables marry well together, creating a...
Sweet Strawberry Tart with Homemade Custard
The taste and delicacy of this tart will remind you of the famous French Mille-feuille - only...
Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
I don't find Mahshi that interesting for dinner parties, therefore I decided to take the best...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]