Nutritious Cheesy Rosemary Crackers
By yasmine • August 23, 2015
Your house will smell like a bakery in the morning with these small crunchy savoury treats. Imagine you bake your own crackers making sure it has all these nutritional carbs and making it entirely your own recipe once you master preparing it. You can keep them up to a week in a sealed container and have your kids munching through them wether as a snack at school or between sports practices. They are also a great addition to your gatherings as a home-made cracker next to your dips.
You can substitute the mozzarella with shredded cheddar, parmesan mixed in, or smoked cheese while also substituting the rosemary with oregano or basil. That way you can play around with it to find your perfect kiddie or grown up version.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup oats (blended until it's a fine powder OR oatmeal) - شوفان
- 2 tablespoon wheat germ (optional) - جنين القمح
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) - جبن موتزاريلا
- 1-2 tablespoon rosemary (finely chopped - to taste) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/4 cup water (or a bit more) - ماء
Step by step
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, oats, salt, rosemary, wheat germ) and place them in a blender.
- In another bowl, mix oil and water with the cheese.
- Add wet mix to the blender bit by bit while you pulse the blender. Once you have mixed all together it should start forming a ball as you pulse. You may need to add more water if its too dry.
- Dust a clean surface with some flour, and roll out the dough to a 1/2cm thickness. Use stencils to cut out round forms or a knife to cut horizontally and vertically creating squares.
- Place your individual raw crackers on the baking sheet with little space between them (they do not grow in size). Place it in the oven for about 12 minutes or until they turn golden.
- Remove crackers carefully from baking tray and let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when...
Figs & Goat Cheese Oregano Pie
Fig season is here and can't stop thinking of all the fun recipes we can prepare using figs. It is...
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone's favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]