Nutritious Cheesy Rosemary Crackers
By yasmine • August 23, 2015
Your house will smell like a bakery in the morning with these small crunchy savoury treats. Imagine you bake your own crackers making sure it has all these nutritional carbs and making it entirely your own recipe once you master preparing it. You can keep them up to a week in a sealed container and have your kids munching through them wether as a snack at school or between sports practices. They are also a great addition to your gatherings as a home-made cracker next to your dips.
You can substitute the mozzarella with shredded cheddar, parmesan mixed in, or smoked cheese while also substituting the rosemary with oregano or basil. That way you can play around with it to find your perfect kiddie or grown up version.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup oats (blended until it's a fine powder OR oatmeal) - شوفان
- 2 tablespoon wheat germ (optional) - جنين القمح
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) - جبن موتزاريلا
- 1-2 tablespoon rosemary (finely chopped - to taste) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/4 cup water (or a bit more) - ماء
Step by step
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, oats, salt, rosemary, wheat germ) and place them in a blender.
- In another bowl, mix oil and water with the cheese.
- Add wet mix to the blender bit by bit while you pulse the blender. Once you have mixed all together it should start forming a ball as you pulse. You may need to add more water if its too dry.
- Dust a clean surface with some flour, and roll out the dough to a 1/2cm thickness. Use stencils to cut out round forms or a knife to cut horizontally and vertically creating squares.
- Place your individual raw crackers on the baking sheet with little space between them (they do not grow in size). Place it in the oven for about 12 minutes or until they turn golden.
- Remove crackers carefully from baking tray and let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat... and all you really...
Late Night Date & Custard Pie
This Date & Custard Pie is a result of a ready-made pie crust from Gourmet and the love for...
Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes
For all our gluten-free friends out there: These Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes taste exactly like...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]