No-recipe Falafel Platter with Vegetable Wraps
By shahdan • June 15, 2015
Add colour to your gatherings table with this fun falafel-wraps platter. To substitute bread, fill fresh lettuce and cabbage leaves with your favourite white cheese, tomatoes and mint. Your guests will enjoy creating their own gluten-free sandwiches by wrapping delicious homemade falafel (that is also loaded with greens and healthy beans) in refreshing lettuce and cabbage leaves. Link to falafel dough: The Greenest Falafel Dough
- iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- red cabbage - كرنب أحمر
- white cheese (baramily or your favourite cheese - cut in cubes) - جبن بيضاء
- tomatoes (diced) - طماطم
- olive oil - زيت زيتون
- dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- spring onion (optional) - بصلة خضراء
- CairoCooking falafel dough - عجينة الطعمية
Step by step
- Cut your lettuce and red cabbage in halves and carefully cut out bowl-like leaves.
- Fill the leaves with cubes of your favourite cheese and scatter tomato cubes and dried mint on top. You may also choose to add some chopped spring onions, before you drizzle some olive oil on the cheese.
- To avoid deep frying, put two tablespoon of oil into the frying pan (over low heat) and use a spoon to add small falafel patties. Turn when nicely coloured and golden. Make sure you prepare enough to fill the wraps with at least one falafel piece or more.
- Serve immediately on a platter or a large chopping board with the freshly baked falafel in a separate dish to stay warm.
Beetroot & Goat Cheese Salad
The combination of beetroot and goat cheese is just heavenly. The honey-glazed almonds add...
Cucumber & Carrot Pickles
الوصفة بالعربي A bowl of pickles is always a plus on the table. It also adds a new...
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.