No-recipe Falafel Platter with Vegetable Wraps
By shahdan • June 15, 2015
Add colour to your gatherings table with this fun falafel-wraps platter. To substitute bread, fill fresh lettuce and cabbage leaves with your favourite white cheese, tomatoes and mint. Your guests will enjoy creating their own gluten-free sandwiches by wrapping delicious homemade falafel (that is also loaded with greens and healthy beans) in refreshing lettuce and cabbage leaves. Link to falafel dough: The Greenest Falafel Dough
- iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- red cabbage - كرنب أحمر
- white cheese (baramily or your favourite cheese - cut in cubes) - جبن بيضاء
- tomatoes (diced) - طماطم
- olive oil - زيت زيتون
- dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- spring onion (optional) - بصلة خضراء
- CairoCooking falafel dough - عجينة الطعمية
Step by step
- Cut your lettuce and red cabbage in halves and carefully cut out bowl-like leaves.
- Fill the leaves with cubes of your favourite cheese and scatter tomato cubes and dried mint on top. You may also choose to add some chopped spring onions, before you drizzle some olive oil on the cheese.
- To avoid deep frying, put two tablespoon of oil into the frying pan (over low heat) and use a spoon to add small falafel patties. Turn when nicely coloured and golden. Make sure you prepare enough to fill the wraps with at least one falafel piece or more.
- Serve immediately on a platter or a large chopping board with the freshly baked falafel in a separate dish to stay warm.
Grilled Chicken with Lemon & Thyme
الوصفة بالعربي This is an easy everyday recipe for marinated chicken with lemon and...
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes and the result is...
Vegan Yellow Lentils
الوصفه بالعربي Made from very simple ingredients, the vegan yellow lentils dish...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]