No-recipe Falafel Platter with Vegetable Wraps
By shahdan • June 15, 2015
Add colour to your gatherings table with this fun falafel-wraps platter. To substitute bread, fill fresh lettuce and cabbage leaves with your favourite white cheese, tomatoes and mint. Your guests will enjoy creating their own gluten-free sandwiches by wrapping delicious homemade falafel (that is also loaded with greens and healthy beans) in refreshing lettuce and cabbage leaves. Link to falafel dough: The Greenest Falafel Dough
- iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- red cabbage - كرنب أحمر
- white cheese (baramily or your favourite cheese - cut in cubes) - جبن بيضاء
- tomatoes (diced) - طماطم
- olive oil - زيت زيتون
- dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- spring onion (optional) - بصلة خضراء
- CairoCooking falafel dough - عجينة الطعمية
Step by step
- Cut your lettuce and red cabbage in halves and carefully cut out bowl-like leaves.
- Fill the leaves with cubes of your favourite cheese and scatter tomato cubes and dried mint on top. You may also choose to add some chopped spring onions, before you drizzle some olive oil on the cheese.
- To avoid deep frying, put two tablespoon of oil into the frying pan (over low heat) and use a spoon to add small falafel patties. Turn when nicely coloured and golden. Make sure you prepare enough to fill the wraps with at least one falafel piece or more.
- Serve immediately on a platter or a large chopping board with the freshly baked falafel in a separate dish to stay warm.
Avocado Orange Green Salad
This Avocado Orange Green Salad is a refreshing summer salad - great for avocado season! The...
Crunchy Asian Salad
Refreshing, crunchy and full of flavour! This is the salad to choose when you are serving Asian...
Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate & Icing
This is not really a recipe - it is just a more colorful idea to serving delicious strawberries...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]