No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
By shahdan • June 21, 2015
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party table because it gives my guests a light healthy option. It is a winner for everyday, too, because it is easy to prepare and it gives my kids the option to choose their favourite vegetables from the platter. The key is to choose small vegetables that can cook evenly, or cut them in similar sizes to allow them to cook at the same time. In this specific platter, I am using potatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and green peppers. Feel free to roast your favourite veggies like red and yellow bell peppers, beetroots, eggplants, broccolis, onions, asparagus etc. I like to serve this dish with a simple yoghurt-Dijon dressing.
- zucchini - كوسة
- carrots - جزر
- mushrooms - عش الغراب
- potatoes - بطاطس
- green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2-3 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- thyme - زعتر
- rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 200 gram yoghurt - زبادي
- 2 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard - مستردة ديجون بالحبوب
Step by step
- Wash and dry your veggies, cut some if necessary and place all in a large oven tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over the veggies, then add crushed garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary.
- Use your hands to rub your vegetables with the oil and spices.
- Pop your tray in a 180 preheated oven for about 60 minutes. Check on your vegetable every 20 minutes and turn them when necessary.
- For the dressing: simply mix the yogurt with the Dijon and add some freshly cracked pepper.
- To serve, arrange your veggies in a nice platter and drizzle with little olive oil if necessary.
Succulent Beef Burger with Tahini
الوصفة بالعربي The homemade pickles and tahini make this burger so hard to...
Feel-Good Artichoke Soup
Loaded with artichokes, peas and carrots, this soup is the ultimate comfort soup. The dill adds a...
This pudding is perfect for you and your family. Blueberries slow the growth of various cancers,...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]