No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
By shahdan • June 21, 2015
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party table because it gives my guests a light healthy option. It is a winner for everyday, too, because it is easy to prepare and it gives my kids the option to choose their favourite vegetables from the platter. The key is to choose small vegetables that can cook evenly, or cut them in similar sizes to allow them to cook at the same time. In this specific platter, I am using potatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and green peppers. Feel free to roast your favourite veggies like red and yellow bell peppers, beetroots, eggplants, broccolis, onions, asparagus etc. I like to serve this dish with a simple yoghurt-Dijon dressing.
- zucchini - كوسة
- carrots - جزر
- mushrooms - عش الغراب
- potatoes - بطاطس
- green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2-3 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- thyme - زعتر
- rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 200 gram yoghurt - زبادي
- 2 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard - مستردة ديجون بالحبوب
Step by step
- Wash and dry your veggies, cut some if necessary and place all in a large oven tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over the veggies, then add crushed garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary.
- Use your hands to rub your vegetables with the oil and spices.
- Pop your tray in a 180 preheated oven for about 60 minutes. Check on your vegetable every 20 minutes and turn them when necessary.
- For the dressing: simply mix the yogurt with the Dijon and add some freshly cracked pepper.
- To serve, arrange your veggies in a nice platter and drizzle with little olive oil if necessary.
Spring Vegetable Frittata
When you are bored of the daily cooking, Frittata is the answer. It is an Italian omelette that is...
Thai Beef Salad
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a...
Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs in Mexican Chili Con Carne
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe won the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Find out more. As...
Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With colourful veggies, sweet crunchy apples and a hint of fresh dill & spring onions, this salad also makes an exciting cold side dish for grilled meat, chicken and fish.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.