No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
By shahdan • June 21, 2015
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party table because it gives my guests a light healthy option. It is a winner for everyday, too, because it is easy to prepare and it gives my kids the option to choose their favourite vegetables from the platter. The key is to choose small vegetables that can cook evenly, or cut them in similar sizes to allow them to cook at the same time. In this specific platter, I am using potatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and green peppers. Feel free to roast your favourite veggies like red and yellow bell peppers, beetroots, eggplants, broccolis, onions, asparagus etc. I like to serve this dish with a simple yoghurt-Dijon dressing.
- zucchini - كوسة
- carrots - جزر
- mushrooms - عش الغراب
- potatoes - بطاطس
- green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2-3 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- thyme - زعتر
- rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 200 gram yoghurt - زبادي
- 2 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard - مستردة ديجون بالحبوب
Step by step
- Wash and dry your veggies, cut some if necessary and place all in a large oven tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over the veggies, then add crushed garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary.
- Use your hands to rub your vegetables with the oil and spices.
- Pop your tray in a 180 preheated oven for about 60 minutes. Check on your vegetable every 20 minutes and turn them when necessary.
- For the dressing: simply mix the yogurt with the Dijon and add some freshly cracked pepper.
- To serve, arrange your veggies in a nice platter and drizzle with little olive oil if necessary.
Hearty Homemade Om Ali
الوصفة بالعربي Om Ali is a lovely old oriental dessert - here it is made...
If cooking rice is something you think you cannot do, you haven't tried cooking basmati...
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.