No-Mayo Pasta Salad
By shahdan • July 24, 2015
Colourful and nutritious, this salad is a joyful meal in a lunch box. With 3 different colours of pepper, green spinach, sweet corn, leftover roast beef and a yoghurt dressing, this salad makes lunch time fun for children as well as grown ups!
Play around with this salad and make it your own! You can substitute roast beef with left over chicken, tuna, or turkey! And add other favourite extras such as cucumber, olives, dill, parsely or even sliced cheese!
Check CairoCooking’s Roast Beef recipe, for healthy roast beef slices that all the family will enjoy all week long.
- 200 gram pasta (pasta for two) - معكرونة
- 1 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 1/2 small red bell pepper - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1/2 small yellow pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 1/2 small green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 4 slice roast beef - روست بيف
- 1/4 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 cup yoghurt - زبادي
- 1 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon mustard (to taste) - مسطردة
- 1/2 teaspoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cook the pasta as per package directions. Make sure not to overcook it. Discard water and leave to cool.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and taste as you go. Add the mustard gradually to make sure it is not too strong.
- Dice the peppers, cut the spinach and the roast beef into thin slices, and discard any water from the corn.
- Mix all the veggies with the pasta and the dressing, pour the salad in a lunch box, then add the roast beef slices on top and cover. Keep refrigerated till the next morning.
Not your traditional Fatta dish, this Chicken Shawerma Fatta will definitely impress the crowd,...
Pulled Beef & Onions
A unique take on the Egyptian meat and onions casserole. Recipe uploaded by Nada...
Spinach & Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato & Carrot Cream Sauce
This recipe is the runner-up to #MyBestDish cooking competition. This recipe is perfect for any...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]