No-Mayo Pasta Salad
By shahdan • July 24, 2015
Colourful and nutritious, this salad is a joyful meal in a lunch box. With 3 different colours of pepper, green spinach, sweet corn, leftover roast beef and a yoghurt dressing, this salad makes lunch time fun for children as well as grown ups!
Play around with this salad and make it your own! You can substitute roast beef with left over chicken, tuna, or turkey! And add other favourite extras such as cucumber, olives, dill, parsely or even sliced cheese!
Check CairoCooking’s Roast Beef recipe, for healthy roast beef slices that all the family will enjoy all week long.
- 200 gram pasta (pasta for two) - معكرونة
- 1 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 1/2 small red bell pepper - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1/2 small yellow pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 1/2 small green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 4 slice roast beef - روست بيف
- 1/4 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 cup yoghurt - زبادي
- 1 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon mustard (to taste) - مسطردة
- 1/2 teaspoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cook the pasta as per package directions. Make sure not to overcook it. Discard water and leave to cool.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and taste as you go. Add the mustard gradually to make sure it is not too strong.
- Dice the peppers, cut the spinach and the roast beef into thin slices, and discard any water from the corn.
- Mix all the veggies with the pasta and the dressing, pour the salad in a lunch box, then add the roast beef slices on top and cover. Keep refrigerated till the next morning.
Tropical Fruit Salad
The tropical fruit salad is not just refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also elevates a simple...
Beetroot & Goat Cheese Salad
The combination of beetroot and goat cheese is just heavenly. The honey-glazed almonds add...
Roasted Eggplant & Labna Bruschetta
Perfect for brunch and casual gatherings, this roasted eggplant & labna bruschetta is a true...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]