No-Mayo Pasta Salad
By shahdan • July 24, 2015
Colourful and nutritious, this salad is a joyful meal in a lunch box. With 3 different colours of pepper, green spinach, sweet corn, leftover roast beef and a yoghurt dressing, this salad makes lunch time fun for children as well as grown ups!
Play around with this salad and make it your own! You can substitute roast beef with left over chicken, tuna, or turkey! And add other favourite extras such as cucumber, olives, dill, parsely or even sliced cheese!
Check CairoCooking’s Roast Beef recipe, for healthy roast beef slices that all the family will enjoy all week long.
- 200 gram pasta (pasta for two) - معكرونة
- 1 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 1/2 small red bell pepper - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1/2 small yellow pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 1/2 small green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 4 slice roast beef - روست بيف
- 1/4 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 cup yoghurt - زبادي
- 1 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon mustard (to taste) - مسطردة
- 1/2 teaspoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cook the pasta as per package directions. Make sure not to overcook it. Discard water and leave to cool.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and taste as you go. Add the mustard gradually to make sure it is not too strong.
- Dice the peppers, cut the spinach and the roast beef into thin slices, and discard any water from the corn.
- Mix all the veggies with the pasta and the dressing, pour the salad in a lunch box, then add the roast beef slices on top and cover. Keep refrigerated till the next morning.
Traditional Macaroni Béchamel
No matter how creative we cook, a classic macaroni béchamel will always be a family favourite!...
Salmon Philadelphia Sushi Roll
Always thought sushi is difficult to make but it turned out easy to prepare at home in no time. The...
Nutritious Freekeh with Chicken Dish
Extremely nutritious, freekeh is one of the healthiest grains. This grain can be easily cooked into...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.