No-Mayo Pasta Salad
By shahdan • July 24, 2015
Colourful and nutritious, this salad is a joyful meal in a lunch box. With 3 different colours of pepper, green spinach, sweet corn, leftover roast beef and a yoghurt dressing, this salad makes lunch time fun for children as well as grown ups!
Play around with this salad and make it your own! You can substitute roast beef with left over chicken, tuna, or turkey! And add other favourite extras such as cucumber, olives, dill, parsely or even sliced cheese!
Check CairoCooking’s Roast Beef recipe, for healthy roast beef slices that all the family will enjoy all week long.
- 200 gram pasta (pasta for two) - معكرونة
- 1 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 1/2 small red bell pepper - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1/2 small yellow pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 1/2 small green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 4 slice roast beef - روست بيف
- 1/4 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 cup yoghurt - زبادي
- 1 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon mustard (to taste) - مسطردة
- 1/2 teaspoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cook the pasta as per package directions. Make sure not to overcook it. Discard water and leave to cool.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and taste as you go. Add the mustard gradually to make sure it is not too strong.
- Dice the peppers, cut the spinach and the roast beef into thin slices, and discard any water from the corn.
- Mix all the veggies with the pasta and the dressing, pour the salad in a lunch box, then add the roast beef slices on top and cover. Keep refrigerated till the next morning.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
Easy Egg Salad Sandwich
This easy egg salad sandwich is creamy, delicious and super nutritious. It will leave your kids...
Traditional Sweet Vermicelli (She3reyya)
Sweet Vermicelli or 'She3reyya bel Sokkar' is the perfect traditional winter warmer when you need...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]