No-Fuss Green Juice
By yasmine • May 12, 2015
You need a slow juicer for this recipe – or you can use a strong blender and add half cup of water. I prefer the juicer here, cause it is not just better tasting but you can also reuse the leftovers of the ingredients that are usually sitting in the juicer bin to create the freshest stock!
After playing around with my morning green juice, I feel this is the one for me! Its fresh (from the mint), zesty (from the lemon), semi-sweet (from the apple) with a kick (from the ginger!)
- 1 apple (preferably green or yellow) - تفاحة
- 2 handful spinach (OR baby spinach, kale, rocket - basically any large leaf greens) - سبانخ
- 6 stalks mint (OR parsley, fresh basil) - نعناع
- 6 stalks celery (OR 8 stalks celery baladi) - كرفس افرنجي
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 2cm long, peeled) - جنزبيل
- 1 lemon (peeled) - ليمون
Step by step
- Cut the apple, veggies and greens in uneven chunks. If you are using a blender, consider pitting the apple and removing the mint stalks as well as grating the ginger and add the water. No need for all that in the juicer.
- Stuff the juicer with all the ingredients and make sure they are all slowly juiced into a cup.
- Stir the green juice before drinking it and experience the full awakening flavour.
White Beans Mayonnaise with a Kick
This is a great dressing for grilled meat replacing fatty mayonnaise and heavy sauces. You can...
Buttery & Easy Ghorayeba
This buttery Ghorayeba (traditional Eid cookies) is relatively easy to achieve at home. It is...
Light Garlic Green Beans with Pine Nuts
A change to traditional green beans recipes, these garlicky green beans with pine nuts make a...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]