Salted Pretzel Rocky Road Bites
By shahdan • March 5, 2016
This recipe is adapted from Nigella Lawson’s famous Rocky Road Crunch Bars.
For the love of salted chocolate, I decided to use Nigella’s chocolate- butter ratio, but drop the marshmallows and add lots of salted pretzels instead. I also used 1 tablespoon of honey to substitute for 3 tablespoons golden syrup. The result is out of this world salted chocolate bites! Just what I need with a cup of coffee!
(Preparation time does not include refrigerating time).
You will need a lined loaf pan about 30×15 cm or a square pan 20×20 cm. You can use a foil tray.
- 300 gram dark chocolate - شوكولاتة غامقة
- 125 gram butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 6 biscuits (digestive or similar brand) - بسكوت
- 1.5 cup pretzels - برتسلز
Step by step
- Break the chocolate with the butter in a bowl. Place the bowl over a simmering pot of water, and gently stir until the chocolate and the butter have melted. Remove from heat, and add honey. Reserve half a cup of chocolate sauce on the side.
- Place the biscuits in a bag and break them into pieces (chunks and crumbs). Do the same with the pretzels but break them into larger pieces (after you reserve some for decoration).
- Fold the biscuits and pretzels into the chocolate mixture and gently mix until well-combined.
- Line a small tray with parchment paper or use a foil tray. Transfer the mixture to the tray and use a spoon or spatula to spread it evenly. Add the rest of the chocolate sauce on top and garnish with pretzels.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Gently remove from the tin, place on a chopping board, and use a sharp knife to cut into bite-size pieces! Store in a box, preferably refrigerated!
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time....
The Greenest Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya)
It's time to give home-made ta3meyya dough a chance! Why buy it when the home-made one is...
Cinnamon & Chili Spiced Hot Chocolate
This is such an intense cup of hot chocolate! With its special spice mix, it has a deep yet...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.