Salted Pretzel Rocky Road Bites
By shahdan • March 5, 2016
This recipe is adapted from Nigella Lawson’s famous Rocky Road Crunch Bars.
For the love of salted chocolate, I decided to use Nigella’s chocolate- butter ratio, but drop the marshmallows and add lots of salted pretzels instead. I also used 1 tablespoon of honey to substitute for 3 tablespoons golden syrup. The result is out of this world salted chocolate bites! Just what I need with a cup of coffee!
(Preparation time does not include refrigerating time).
You will need a lined loaf pan about 30×15 cm or a square pan 20×20 cm. You can use a foil tray.
- 300 gram dark chocolate - شوكولاتة غامقة
- 125 gram butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 6 biscuits (digestive or similar brand) - بسكوت
- 1.5 cup pretzels - برتسلز
Step by step
- Break the chocolate with the butter in a bowl. Place the bowl over a simmering pot of water, and gently stir until the chocolate and the butter have melted. Remove from heat, and add honey. Reserve half a cup of chocolate sauce on the side.
- Place the biscuits in a bag and break them into pieces (chunks and crumbs). Do the same with the pretzels but break them into larger pieces (after you reserve some for decoration).
- Fold the biscuits and pretzels into the chocolate mixture and gently mix until well-combined.
- Line a small tray with parchment paper or use a foil tray. Transfer the mixture to the tray and use a spoon or spatula to spread it evenly. Add the rest of the chocolate sauce on top and garnish with pretzels.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Gently remove from the tin, place on a chopping board, and use a sharp knife to cut into bite-size pieces! Store in a box, preferably refrigerated!
No-Junk Kids’ Burger
If burger is a kids-favourite dish, why don’t we make it as healthy as we can? This burger bursts...
Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect...
Spring Vegetable Frittata
When you are bored of the daily cooking, Frittata is the answer. It is an Italian omelette that is...
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling the kitchen with the smell lets me think of my grandmother’s house and our family lunches ending with dipping these biscuits in the grown-ups hot teas. Our family calls it ‘our biscotti’ (like the Italian), because it looks and smells like it, yet […]
Chicken & Broccoli Filo Pie
The chicken & broccoli filling to this filo pie is so delicious and heartwarming. The cheese melting between the soft broccoli and tender chicken along with the crispiness of the buttered filo provide you with the deliciousness and warmth you expect from a homemade pie! You can prepare it as a round or as a […]
Circkle Crackle Nut Candies
These nut candies are such a yummy, sweet and crunchy dessert in little balls. Nuts, seeds, coconut oil & raw molasses are all immunity-boosting, vitmanin-full and overall nutritious foods, which makes this a great treat for kids and health- and weight-concious adults.