Salted Pretzel Rocky Road Bites
By shahdan • March 5, 2016
This recipe is adapted from Nigella Lawson’s famous Rocky Road Crunch Bars.
For the love of salted chocolate, I decided to use Nigella’s chocolate- butter ratio, but drop the marshmallows and add lots of salted pretzels instead. I also used 1 tablespoon of honey to substitute for 3 tablespoons golden syrup. The result is out of this world salted chocolate bites! Just what I need with a cup of coffee!
(Preparation time does not include refrigerating time).
You will need a lined loaf pan about 30×15 cm or a square pan 20×20 cm. You can use a foil tray.
- 300 gram dark chocolate - شوكولاتة غامقة
- 125 gram butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 6 biscuits (digestive or similar brand) - بسكوت
- 1.5 cup pretzels - برتسلز
Step by step
- Break the chocolate with the butter in a bowl. Place the bowl over a simmering pot of water, and gently stir until the chocolate and the butter have melted. Remove from heat, and add honey. Reserve half a cup of chocolate sauce on the side.
- Place the biscuits in a bag and break them into pieces (chunks and crumbs). Do the same with the pretzels but break them into larger pieces (after you reserve some for decoration).
- Fold the biscuits and pretzels into the chocolate mixture and gently mix until well-combined.
- Line a small tray with parchment paper or use a foil tray. Transfer the mixture to the tray and use a spoon or spatula to spread it evenly. Add the rest of the chocolate sauce on top and garnish with pretzels.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Gently remove from the tin, place on a chopping board, and use a sharp knife to cut into bite-size pieces! Store in a box, preferably refrigerated!
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
Classic Egyptian Koshary
Koshary is one of the most famous Egyptian street food. It is basically a plate full of rice,...
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]