No-Bake Mac & Cheese
By shahdan • January 20, 2019
This is a quick and easy No-Bake Mac & Cheese that my kids love and ask for, especially during the winter season. It is not the lightest meal, but it is hearty and delicious.
The cheese sauce is made out of a relatively thinner béchamel sauce where the cheese thickens the consistency making it just the perfect creamy & cheesy sauce for the pasta.
I use half-cream milk, but you can use full cream if you like.
- 500 gram pasta (any small shape) - معكرونة
- 1/2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1/2 tablespoon sunflower oil - زيت عباد الشمس
- 1 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 2.5 cup half cream milk (about 600ml) - لبن نصف دسم
- 4 slice cheddar cheese - جبن شيدر
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce, melt butter with oil in a pot. Add flour and stir. Let flour bubble for 30 seconds on low heat then add a little milk and whisk, making sure the mixture is lump-free.
- When the milk thickens, add a little more and whisk making sure the sauce thickens every time before you add more milk. Finish adding milk to reach a thin béchamel consistency. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper then take off the heat.
- Break cheese into pieces, add to the sauce and whisk until the cheese melts in the mixture. Add grated parmesan and whisk further.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and mix gently until all pasta is covered with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I...
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall...
Delicious Low-Calorie Carrot Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Almost 390...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]