No-Bake Cheese Cake
By Soha Ahmed • January 26, 2016
This is a simple classic no-bake cheese cake with a strawberry jam topping.
- 1 box biscuits (Digestives or any tea biscuits) - بسكوت
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 3 pack whipped cream - كريمة مخفوقة
- 12 piece cream cheese (Kiri) - جبن كريمى
- 2 can cream - قشطة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1/4 cup water - ماء
- 1 can strawberry jam - مربى فراولة
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar - سكر بودرة
Step by step
- For the biscuit layer: Crush the biscuits into small soft pieces (like powder) and mix it well with 3 tablespoons jam and 2 tablespoons butter. Press the biscuits with your hand into a round baking dish to make a straight layer. Set aside in the fridge.
- For the cheese layer: In a blender, mix cheese, whipped cream, cream, vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of water. Mix until it becomes a heavy cream consistency. If you like it sweet, add sugar now and mix.
- Add the cream mixture to the biscuits to make a second layer.Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours. Add strawberry jam on top and serve cold.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes....
Banana Peanut Butter Rolls
My son liked to dip bananas in peanut butter for breakfast, and one day he wanted to take to...
Adding lentils to Tabboula, not only gives this classic salad a beautiful earthy flavour, but it...
Cinnamon Star Cookies
A childhood favorite, these cinnamon star cookies are a nutty, cinnamony and sweet treat for Christmas. It is also a lovely edible gift all year round. It will fill your house with heartwarming spice smells.
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]