Mustard & Rosemary Roasted Beef Fillet
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 28, 2016
This is such an easy recipe that it became a staple in our homes. The meat turns out tender and tasty – and cooked according to everyone’s liking because the sides of the fillet are thinner and cooked well done while the middle is usually thicker and needs more cooking, and that’s the part that turns our medium or medium-rare.
- 2-2.5 kg beef fillet - فيليه كندوز
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 cup soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 bunch rosemary (chop half of it only) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- black pepper (optional) - فلفل أسود
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Make sure the meat is fully defrosted before starting to marinate.
- Mix mustard, soy sauce and chopped rosemary.
- Lather the beef fillet piece with the marinade all over. Poke the beef with the rest of the rosemary sprigs and circle it around the beef to maximize the flavor. Cover it and place it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- One hour before serving, preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and fry the meat on all sides for about 10 minutes. The skin should turn brown on all sides.
- Move the meat to a roasting pan or use the same large skillet to put in the middle of the oven.
- It should be done in 20-40 minutes depending on the level of wellness you would like it to be. Follow the guide in the intro for that.
- As soon as it is out of the oven, close it tightest with foil and leave it to rest for 15 minutes before serving. You should leave it as whole and carve it on your dinner table per demand. If you won't use the left over meat juices to make a sauce then just sprinkle it over the meat just before serving.
- To prepare a mustard sauce from meat gravy left behind in the skillet: add 1 minced garlic while skillet with gravy is hot on the stove and let it fry for a minute, then add 2 tablespoons mustard, 1/4 cup cooking cream, 1/4 cup hot water, some black pepper and let it simmer continuously for 5 minutes until it thickens. You can throw in some more chopped rosemary if there weren't any left in the gravy. Do not add salt, because the soy sauce marination in the gravy is salty enough.
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the...
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Traditional Sweet Vermicelli (She3reyya)
Sweet Vermicelli or 'She3reyya bel Sokkar' is the perfect traditional winter warmer when you need...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]