Morning Booster: Creamy Porridge with Fruits
By shahdan • March 22, 2015
What’s healthier and more filling than a bowl of creamy oats and fruits for breakfast?
- 1/2 cup quick oats - شوفان سريع التحضير
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy) - لبن
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1 medium banana - موز
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (OR any favourite fruit) - بذور رمان
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 2 leaves mint (optional) - نعناع
Step by step
- Mix quick oats and milk in a pot and put over medium heat.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes, and stir occasionally until you reach the required creamy consistency. You may add extra milk for a runnier consistency.
- Pour your creamy porridge in a bowl, add a drizzle of honey along with your mint, fruits and cinnamon.
Basterma Green Salad
This salad will definitely go on your favorites list if you are a basterma fan. I served it once...
Banana & Coconut Bread
This bread is beyond scrumptious and moist with a divine smell. This is probably the most...
My friend prepared these for a kids party and they were a big hit! Both, kids and grown ups, loved...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]