Morning Booster: Creamy Porridge with Fruits
By shahdan • March 22, 2015
What’s healthier and more filling than a bowl of creamy oats and fruits for breakfast?
- 1/2 cup quick oats - شوفان سريع التحضير
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy) - لبن
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1 medium banana - موز
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (OR any favourite fruit) - بذور رمان
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 2 leaves mint (optional) - نعناع
Step by step
- Mix quick oats and milk in a pot and put over medium heat.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes, and stir occasionally until you reach the required creamy consistency. You may add extra milk for a runnier consistency.
- Pour your creamy porridge in a bowl, add a drizzle of honey along with your mint, fruits and cinnamon.
Lemon & Butter Fish en Papillote
Simple fish dish that truly impresses with its little gift like look and deliciousness. Once you...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes....
Easter Greek Brioche
When Sham ElNesseem is coming our way, all I can think of is the smell of my grandmother's Easter...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]