Mini Konafa Cups
By Hebba • July 1, 2015
These mini Konafa cups are so easy to prepare and just optimal for small gatherings. You can prepare them in advance and top them with nutella, ice cream, Halva, or just cream and nuts. They look great on the table and satisfy all tastes.
- 250 gram konafa (whole strings) - كنافة
- 6 tablespoon butter (melted - or as much as the konafa needs to be moist and nicely coated) - زبدة
- Nutella chocolate - شوكولاته نوتيلا
- ice cream (mesteka) - أيس كريم
- hazelnut (toasted) - بندق
- pistachios (shelled, not salted) - فستق
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. To do the konafa cups, you will need cupcake tins.
- In a deep dish or tray, add melted butter to the raw kunafa and mix well.
- Take long strings of the konafa and roll it inside the cupcake tins, covering the bottom and sides.
- Place the cupcake tray in the oven. Leave for about 7-10 minutes, maybe a bit more just until the konafa has turned into a golden crispy color.
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest for a minute before you remove the konafa cups from the cupcake tray.
- Using a spoon, add some nutella in the cups, and sprinkle crushed roasted hazelnut on top. Or you can add mastic ice cream into the cups and sprinkle pistachios. You can also use vanilla ice cream and top it with nuts, konafa syrup or caramel sauce.
This Moussaka is irresistibly delicious, without the extra calories. The eggplants are oven-roasted...
Orange & Cardamom Rice Pudding
الوصفة بالعربي Add a fragrant twist to this all time...
Citrus Couscous with Vegetables & Herbs
A colourful side dish, full of texture and flavour! Serve it with your favourite grilled meat...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling the kitchen with the smell lets me think of my grandmother’s house and our family lunches ending with dipping these biscuits in the grown-ups hot teas. Our family calls it ‘our biscotti’ (like the Italian), because it looks and smells like it, yet […]