Mini Konafa Cups
By Hebba • July 1, 2015
These mini Konafa cups are so easy to prepare and just optimal for small gatherings. You can prepare them in advance and top them with nutella, ice cream, Halva, or just cream and nuts. They look great on the table and satisfy all tastes.
- 250 gram konafa (whole strings) - كنافة
- 6 tablespoon butter (melted - or as much as the konafa needs to be moist and nicely coated) - زبدة
- Nutella chocolate - شوكولاته نوتيلا
- ice cream (mesteka) - أيس كريم
- hazelnut (toasted) - بندق
- pistachios (shelled, not salted) - فستق
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. To do the konafa cups, you will need cupcake tins.
- In a deep dish or tray, add melted butter to the raw kunafa and mix well.
- Take long strings of the konafa and roll it inside the cupcake tins, covering the bottom and sides.
- Place the cupcake tray in the oven. Leave for about 7-10 minutes, maybe a bit more just until the konafa has turned into a golden crispy color.
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest for a minute before you remove the konafa cups from the cupcake tray.
- Using a spoon, add some nutella in the cups, and sprinkle crushed roasted hazelnut on top. Or you can add mastic ice cream into the cups and sprinkle pistachios. You can also use vanilla ice cream and top it with nuts, konafa syrup or caramel sauce.
Once you make your own foul at home, you will never go back to the canned stuff again! Even the...
الوصفه بالعربي The traditional homemade Egyptian kofta is just so simple to prepare...
Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]