Mediterranean Vegetable Quinoa Salad
By shahdan • February 19, 2017
The Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Quinoa is a perfect warm salad, side dish to your favourite protein, or a main vegan dish on its own. It is also a great option for the lunchbox. It is packed with super nutritious everyday ingredients and full of different textures, and deep flavours leaving you craving for more.
- 1 large eggplant (sliced) - باذنجان رومي
- 2 medium zucchini (sliced) - كوسة
- 2 large bell peppers (red & yellow) - فلفل ملون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 2 cup water - ماء
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts - صنوبر
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 handful baby spinach (or regular baladi spinach) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1/2 can chickpeas (half 400 gram can) - حمص
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
Step by step
- Slice the eggplants and zucchini into medium-thick circles. Cut bell peppers into strips. Mix olive oil with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and minced garlic. Rub cut veggies with the olive oil mix.
- Arrange the veggies as a single layer on a roasting pan and place in a 180C oven for 30 minutes, turning the veggies half way through, until soft.
- Wash quinoa, then place it in a medium pot covered with water and bring it to a boil. When it boils, lower heat to a minimum, cover and leave to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. It is done when the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender and fluffy. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, toast pine nuts in a dry pan on medium heat for about 3 minutes, shaking the pan occassionaly. Set aside.
- To prepare the dressing, mix balsamic vinegar with pomegranate molasses in a small jar and shake.
- Make sure roasted vegetables and quinoa have cooled a little before assembling so the spinach and parsley stay green and fresh.
- Place quinoa in a large bowl. Add roasted vegetables, chickpeas, chopped parsley and hand-torn spinach. Gently mix. Drizzle dressing, and sprinkle pine nuts on top.
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the...
Beram Freekeh & Meat Cubes
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is traditionally done with so-called rice pasta (Lessan...
Crispy Cauliflower & Broccoli Gratin
So heartwarming and delicious, this baked dish is a perfect veggie option for the whole family. It...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]