Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Quinoa
By shahdan • February 19, 2017
The Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Quinoa is a perfect warm salad, side dish to your favourite protein, or a main vegan dish on its own. It is also a great option for the lunchbox. It is packed with super nutritious everyday ingredients and full of different textures, and deep flavours leaving you craving for more.
- 1 large eggplant (sliced) - باذنجان رومي
- 2 medium zucchini (sliced) - كوسة
- 2 large bell peppers (red & yellow) - فلفل ملون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 2 cup water - ماء
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts - صنوبر
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 handful baby spinach (or regular baladi spinach) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1/2 can chickpeas (half 400 gram can) - حمص
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
Step by step
- Slice the eggplants and zucchini into medium-thick circles. Cut bell peppers into strips. Mix olive oil with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and minced garlic. Rub cut veggies with the olive oil mix.
- Arrange the veggies as a single layer on a roasting pan and place in a 180C oven for 30 minutes, turning the veggies half way through, until soft.
- Wash quinoa, then place it in a medium pot covered with water and bring it to a boil. When it boils, lower heat to a minimum, cover and leave to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. It is done when the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender and fluffy. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, toast pine nuts in a dry pan on medium heat for about 3 minutes, shaking the pan occassionaly. Set aside.
- To prepare the dressing, mix balsamic vinegar with pomegranate molasses in a small jar and shake.
- Make sure roasted vegetables and quinoa have cooled a little before assembling so the spinach and parsley stay green and fresh.
- Place quinoa in a large bowl. Add roasted vegetables, chickpeas, chopped parsley and hand-torn spinach. Gently mix. Drizzle dressing, and sprinkle pine nuts on top.
Green Caviar Dip
This recipe was a hit at one of my friend's gatherings and turns out she got this simple recipe...
Fresh Guava & Pomegranate Dessert
الوصفة بالعربي This fruit dessert is a simple family favourite celebrating the...
Sweet Potato in Coconut Cream
From 7 months. Although, allergic reactions to coconut are very rare (according to the Food...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.