Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Quinoa
By shahdan • February 19, 2017
The Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Quinoa is a perfect warm salad, side dish to your favourite protein, or a main vegan dish on its own. It is also a great option for the lunchbox. It is packed with super nutritious everyday ingredients and full of different textures, and deep flavours leaving you craving for more.
- 1 large eggplant (sliced) - باذنجان رومي
- 2 medium zucchini (sliced) - كوسة
- 2 large bell peppers (red & yellow) - فلفل ملون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 2 cup water - ماء
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts - صنوبر
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 handful baby spinach (or regular baladi spinach) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1/2 can chickpeas (half 400 gram can) - حمص
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
Step by step
- Slice the eggplants and zucchini into medium-thick circles. Cut bell peppers into strips. Mix olive oil with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and minced garlic. Rub cut veggies with the olive oil mix.
- Arrange the veggies as a single layer on a roasting pan and place in a 180C oven for 30 minutes, turning the veggies half way through, until soft.
- Wash quinoa, then place it in a medium pot covered with water and bring it to a boil. When it boils, lower heat to a minimum, cover and leave to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. It is done when the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender and fluffy. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, toast pine nuts in a dry pan on medium heat for about 3 minutes, shaking the pan occassionaly. Set aside.
- To prepare the dressing, mix balsamic vinegar with pomegranate molasses in a small jar and shake.
- Make sure roasted vegetables and quinoa have cooled a little before assembling so the spinach and parsley stay green and fresh.
- Place quinoa in a large bowl. Add roasted vegetables, chickpeas, chopped parsley and hand-torn spinach. Gently mix. Drizzle dressing, and sprinkle pine nuts on top.
Crispy Cauliflower & Broccoli Gratin
So heartwarming and delicious, this baked dish is a perfect veggie option for the whole family. It...
Spinach & Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato & Carrot Cream Sauce
This recipe is the runner-up to #MyBestDish cooking competition. This recipe is perfect for any...
Baked Kobeba Tray
This baked Kobeba tray recipe is a yummy Lebanese speciality made simple at home. Instead of...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]