Mashed Sweet Potato with a Twist
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
Bored of the daily rice, pasta and mashed potatoes? This side dish will wow your family and friends and will have everyone asking how you did it! The sweet earthy flavour of sweet potatoes with the tanginess of ginger, and the freshness of coconut cream aroma, make this dish simply irresistible! The cooking time is long, because the sweet potatoes need their time to roast in the oven. But the hands-on time for this special side dish, will not exceed 10 minutes!
- 2 kg sweet potato - بطاطا
- 1 can coconut cream - كريمة جوز الهند
- 1 piece fresh ginger around 2 cm piece or to taste - جنزبيل
- to taste black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Wash the sweet potatoes and bake in a hot oven for 60- 90 minutes until nice and soft.
- Use your hands to peel the sweet potatoes and mash the inside in a bowl using a masher or a fork.
- Heat the coconut cream in a pot, and stir in the sliced fresh ginger and let it boil with the cream on a low heat.
- Using a sieve, stir in the ginger flavoured coconut cream over the sweet potato mash.
- Adjust the flavour with freshly cracked black pepper and serve with your favourite protein.
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the...
Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect...
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]