Mashed Sweet Potato with a Twist
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
Bored of the daily rice, pasta and mashed potatoes? This side dish will wow your family and friends and will have everyone asking how you did it! The sweet earthy flavour of sweet potatoes with the tanginess of ginger, and the freshness of coconut cream aroma, make this dish simply irresistible! The cooking time is long, because the sweet potatoes need their time to roast in the oven. But the hands-on time for this special side dish, will not exceed 10 minutes!
- 2 kg sweet potato - بطاطا
- 1 can coconut cream - كريمة جوز الهند
- 1 piece fresh ginger around 2 cm piece or to taste - جنزبيل
- to taste black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Wash the sweet potatoes and bake in a hot oven for 60- 90 minutes until nice and soft.
- Use your hands to peel the sweet potatoes and mash the inside in a bowl using a masher or a fork.
- Heat the coconut cream in a pot, and stir in the sliced fresh ginger and let it boil with the cream on a low heat.
- Using a sieve, stir in the ginger flavoured coconut cream over the sweet potato mash.
- Adjust the flavour with freshly cracked black pepper and serve with your favourite protein.
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
Mahshi Koronb (Stuffed Cabbage) Made Simple
Even though I love cooking and I have a passion for traditional Egyptian food, Mahshi Koronb...
There is no other name for it! No dictionary has been able to translate this succulent sweet...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]