Mashed Sweet Potato with a Twist
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
Bored of the daily rice, pasta and mashed potatoes? This side dish will wow your family and friends and will have everyone asking how you did it! The sweet earthy flavour of sweet potatoes with the tanginess of ginger, and the freshness of coconut cream aroma, make this dish simply irresistible! The cooking time is long, because the sweet potatoes need their time to roast in the oven. But the hands-on time for this special side dish, will not exceed 10 minutes!
- 2 kg sweet potato - بطاطا
- 1 can coconut cream - كريمة جوز الهند
- 1 piece fresh ginger around 2 cm piece or to taste - جنزبيل
- to taste black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Wash the sweet potatoes and bake in a hot oven for 60- 90 minutes until nice and soft.
- Use your hands to peel the sweet potatoes and mash the inside in a bowl using a masher or a fork.
- Heat the coconut cream in a pot, and stir in the sliced fresh ginger and let it boil with the cream on a low heat.
- Using a sieve, stir in the ginger flavoured coconut cream over the sweet potato mash.
- Adjust the flavour with freshly cracked black pepper and serve with your favourite protein.
Egyptian Eggplant & Cheese Platter
Recipe in Arabic طبق الباذنجان الرومي المصري بالجبن This platter is...
Spring Vegetable Frittata
When you are bored of the daily cooking, Frittata is the answer. It is an Italian omelette that is...
The Charlotte Cake
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits! Recipe by Mai...
Simple, delicious, and the perfect companion to any protein dish especially fish! With some simple ingredients, the simple zucchini is transferred into a succulent vegan and wholesome side dish in 20 minutes.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]