Luscious Tuna Wrap
By shahdan • July 30, 2015
In this luscious wrap, tuna is made creamy with labna cheese to substitute heavy mayonnaise! Add your kids’ favourite veggies and you will have a healthy lunchbox sandwich with no hassle at all. This recipe yields 3 wraps or 6 halves, if you choose to cut each into two!
- 2 can tuna fish (big) - تونة
- 3 tortilla bread (preferably brown) - خبز التورتيلا
- 2 teaspoon labna - لبنة
- 2 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1/4 small red bell pepper (cut into strips) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1 handful iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 1 cucumber (cut into long strips) - خيار
Step by step
- To prepare the tuna, discard any oil from the can and place the tuna meat in a small bowl. Add the labna cheese, lime juice, salt and pepper and mix to achieve creamy tuna.
- Equally divide your tuna on 3 tortillas, add the lettuce, cucumber, red bell pepper strips and roll.
- Use foil to hold it together and cut in half.
Creamy Mussels Pasta Tagliatelle
Mussles are so easy to cook yet always add luxury to any menu. This dish takes so little time...
Mashed Sweet Potato with a Twist
Bored of the daily rice, pasta and mashed potatoes? This side dish will wow your family and...
Light Yoghurt & Freekeh Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This light yoghurt & freekeh soup reminds me of my childhood....
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.