Luscious Tuna Wrap
By shahdan • July 30, 2015
In this luscious wrap, tuna is made creamy with labna cheese to substitute heavy mayonnaise! Add your kids’ favourite veggies and you will have a healthy lunchbox sandwich with no hassle at all. This recipe yields 3 wraps or 6 halves, if you choose to cut each into two!
- 2 can tuna fish (big) - تونة
- 3 tortilla bread (preferably brown) - خبز التورتيلا
- 2 teaspoon labna - لبنة
- 2 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1/4 small red bell pepper (cut into strips) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1 handful iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 1 cucumber (cut into long strips) - خيار
Step by step
- To prepare the tuna, discard any oil from the can and place the tuna meat in a small bowl. Add the labna cheese, lime juice, salt and pepper and mix to achieve creamy tuna.
- Equally divide your tuna on 3 tortillas, add the lettuce, cucumber, red bell pepper strips and roll.
- Use foil to hold it together and cut in half.
Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich
The Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich is not only nutritious, but it is...
Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
Nothing in your child's lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach and Minced Beef...
Red Cabbage Warm Salad
This red cabbage warm salad is a nice change to your traditional greens-based salads. The sweetness...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]