Luscious Tuna Wrap
By shahdan • July 30, 2015
In this luscious wrap, tuna is made creamy with labna cheese to substitute heavy mayonnaise! Add your kids’ favourite veggies and you will have a healthy lunchbox sandwich with no hassle at all. This recipe yields 3 wraps or 6 halves, if you choose to cut each into two!
- 2 can tuna fish (big) - تونة
- 3 tortilla bread (preferably brown) - خبز التورتيلا
- 2 teaspoon labna - لبنة
- 2 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1/4 small red bell pepper (cut into strips) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1 handful iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 1 cucumber (cut into long strips) - خيار
Step by step
- To prepare the tuna, discard any oil from the can and place the tuna meat in a small bowl. Add the labna cheese, lime juice, salt and pepper and mix to achieve creamy tuna.
- Equally divide your tuna on 3 tortillas, add the lettuce, cucumber, red bell pepper strips and roll.
- Use foil to hold it together and cut in half.
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new "improved" recipe for everyone's favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to...
Guiltless Granola Bars
These Guiltless Granola Bars are the perfect snack. It is crunchy, semi-sweet and...
Simple Greens Chicken Broth
Nothing can replace a good homemade chicken broth. Prepare it in large quantities, freeze it, and...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]