Lime & Thyme Chicken Fillets
By Najla Moussa • June 28, 2016
A delicious and healthy chicken recipe bursting with lemon flavour!
- 3 fillet chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1 whole lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 1/2 piece lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 bunch thyme - زعتر
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 pinch sea salt - ملح البحر
- 2 piece garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of your chicken breasts.
- In a deep pot, pour the olive oil and the minced garlic cloves. Don't let the garlic burn.
- Add the lime zest and juice and chopped thyme. A minute later, add chicken stock and chicken breast pieces and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, ladeling the sauce onto the breast. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
Fig Tarte Bourdaloue
This dessert is very easy to prepare and very tasty. After figs season is over, I will be...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for....
Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Spinach & Corn
Creamy Chicken Mushroom is always a crowd pleaser and a hearty home-cooked dish. The spinach...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]