Lime & Thyme Chicken Fillets
By Najla Moussa • June 28, 2016
A delicious and healthy chicken recipe bursting with lemon flavour!
- 3 fillet chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1 whole lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 1/2 piece lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 bunch thyme - زعتر
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 pinch sea salt - ملح البحر
- 2 piece garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of your chicken breasts.
- In a deep pot, pour the olive oil and the minced garlic cloves. Don't let the garlic burn.
- Add the lime zest and juice and chopped thyme. A minute later, add chicken stock and chicken breast pieces and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, ladeling the sauce onto the breast. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
You know that 'batates sandwich' everyone loves at 'foul' shops? These quesadillas are the Mexican...
A Special Salted Toffee Sauce
Nothing beats having a sweet and salty drizzle of toffee on any of our favorite cakes or drinks....
The Best Tres Leches Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Tres Leches cake is...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]