Light One-Pot Okra
By Shereen Badawi • May 11, 2016
This is the vegan version of my mother’s ‘nayy fe nayy bamia’. While she uses stock, I like to cook it with water and little olive oil to make it lighter.
- 1 large onion - بصلة
- 1 large tomato - طماطم
- 1 pack okra (frozen) about 400 grams - بامية
- 5 medium garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1.5 cup water - ماء
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 2 lime (OR to taste) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Slice onions and tomatoes into circles.
- Arrange a layer of onions at the bottom of a medium pot followed by a layer of tomato slices. Pour okra on top squeezing in whole garlic cloves. Add water and let it cook over medium heat until it boils.
- Lower heat to let the okra to cook through until soft (water should be mostly absorbed) about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Sweet & Sour Chicken with Jasmine Rice
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with...
There is no other name for it! No dictionary has been able to translate this succulent sweet...
Ice Cream Cookie Cups
Whether you're a fan of freezing ice cream on cold winter nights or not, you'll love this...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your new favourite chicken recipe. The flavours and the aroma are simply divine. This is comfort food at it’s best. THE MENU Feel-Good Artichoke Soup Mixed Bean Salad Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Vermicelli with Almonds Mini Konafa Cups
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious ingredients such as bulgur, chickpeas, lentils, fresh tomatoes and oven-roasted onions, it still carries all the authentic and yummy koshary flavours without the extra carbs. Definitely a must-try if you love kohasry and are looking for a healthier recipe.