Light Garlic Green Beans with Pine Nuts
By yasmine • November 9, 2016
A change to traditional green beans recipes, these garlicky green beans with pine nuts make a great side to any protein dish. It is also a filling veggie option on its own with added Parmesan or without.
- 500 gram green beans - فاصوليا خضراء
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2-3 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional) - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1/2 cup parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- In a medium pot, boil water then add the green beans (each trimmed and cut into two). Let the beans simmer for 5 minutes then drain the boiling water and put the beans immediately in a bowl with ice water, to stop the cooking process and keep it's bright green colour. You may also place it in the fridge, instead.
- In the meantime, toast pine nuts for a couple of minutes in a small pan over medium heat until golden.
- In a small bowl, add lemon zest to minced garlic, one tablespoon olive oil, pine nuts, salt and pepper.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan and stir in the green beans for a couple of minutes. Then add the lemon zest/garlic mix and stir for another 2 minutes. Add fresh chopped parsley, and Parmesan, if using any, and serve immediately.
The Rice-Meatball Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي Turn CairoCooking's Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting...
Lime & Thyme Chicken Fillets
A delicious and healthy chicken recipe bursting with lemon...
Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich
The Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich is not only nutritious, but it is...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.