Light Garlic Green Beans with Pine Nuts
By yasmine • November 9, 2016
A change to traditional green beans recipes, these garlicky green beans with pine nuts make a great side to any protein dish. It is also a filling veggie option on its own with added Parmesan or without.
- 500 gram green beans - فاصوليا خضراء
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2-3 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional) - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1/2 cup parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- In a medium pot, boil water then add the green beans (each trimmed and cut into two). Let the beans simmer for 5 minutes then drain the boiling water and put the beans immediately in a bowl with ice water, to stop the cooking process and keep it's bright green colour. You may also place it in the fridge, instead.
- In the meantime, toast pine nuts for a couple of minutes in a small pan over medium heat until golden.
- In a small bowl, add lemon zest to minced garlic, one tablespoon olive oil, pine nuts, salt and pepper.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan and stir in the green beans for a couple of minutes. Then add the lemon zest/garlic mix and stir for another 2 minutes. Add fresh chopped parsley, and Parmesan, if using any, and serve immediately.
Traditional Sweet Qatayef
The traditional sweet Qatayef are different in each home. Some people add almonds and pistachios,...
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses
With a crunchy bite and creamy sweetness from the molasses, this soggo' is a must try! You can...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]