Lentils & Apple Salad
By shahdan • March 1, 2016
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend’s dinner and I fell in love with it. Without trying too hard with fancy ingredients, it is really simple yet absolutely delicious. It is the kind of food I love to find in my fridge when I’m feeling hungry and looking for something filling yet healthy. It is also great for entertaining, as well as for the lunchbox.
You can play around with it and change or add ingredients, such as celery or chickpeas, for example. You can also add a teaspoon of honey to the dressing or a little Dijon mustard. However I believe the beauty of this salad lies in its simplicity.
If you love lentil salads you may also want to try Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes by Health Coach Shewekar Elgharably.
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 1 large bell pepper - فلفل ملون
- 2 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 medium apple - تفاحة
- 3 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Wash and drain lentils. Cook them in 3 cups of water until soft. Discard water and set aside.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small jar, and pour over the lentils while still a little warm to absorb the taste.
- Thinly chop the spring onions, and cut the bell pepper and apples into small cubes. Mix with the lentils. Add the parsley and adjust salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover and keep refrigerated for later.
Spinach & Carrot Brown Rice Medley
From 9 months. Like most leafy greens, most doctors allow spinach from 9 months. Spinach is a...
There is no other name for it! No dictionary has been able to translate this succulent sweet...
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]