Lentils & Apple Salad
By shahdan • March 1, 2016
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend’s dinner and I fell in love with it. Without trying too hard with fancy ingredients, it is really simple yet absolutely delicious. It is the kind of food I love to find in my fridge when I’m feeling hungry and looking for something filling yet healthy. It is also great for entertaining, as well as for the lunchbox.
You can play around with it and change or add ingredients, such as celery or chickpeas, for example. You can also add a teaspoon of honey to the dressing or a little Dijon mustard. However I believe the beauty of this salad lies in its simplicity.
If you love lentil salads you may also want to try Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes by Health Coach Shewekar Elgharably.
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 1 large bell pepper - فلفل ملون
- 2 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 medium apple - تفاحة
- 3 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Wash and drain lentils. Cook them in 3 cups of water until soft. Discard water and set aside.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small jar, and pour over the lentils while still a little warm to absorb the taste.
- Thinly chop the spring onions, and cut the bell pepper and apples into small cubes. Mix with the lentils. Add the parsley and adjust salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover and keep refrigerated for later.
Cranberry & Almond Bread
This is so comforting, so good and addictive! Not just addictive to eat but also to make. It is the...
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed...
Baked Chicken Fingers
الوصفة بالعربي If my daughter had the option, she would have eaten fried breaded...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]