Lentils & Apple Salad
By shahdan • March 1, 2016
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend’s dinner and I fell in love with it. Without trying too hard with fancy ingredients, it is really simple yet absolutely delicious. It is the kind of food I love to find in my fridge when I’m feeling hungry and looking for something filling yet healthy. It is also great for entertaining, as well as for the lunchbox.
You can play around with it and change or add ingredients, such as celery or chickpeas, for example. You can also add a teaspoon of honey to the dressing or a little Dijon mustard. However I believe the beauty of this salad lies in its simplicity.
If you love lentil salads you may also want to try Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes by Health Coach Shewekar Elgharably.
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 1 large bell pepper - فلفل ملون
- 2 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 medium apple - تفاحة
- 3 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Wash and drain lentils. Cook them in 3 cups of water until soft. Discard water and set aside.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small jar, and pour over the lentils while still a little warm to absorb the taste.
- Thinly chop the spring onions, and cut the bell pepper and apples into small cubes. Mix with the lentils. Add the parsley and adjust salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover and keep refrigerated for later.
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast...
Spiced Rice with Beef & Spring Onions
If you love hearty & filling homemade dishes, you will adore this one-pot Spiced Rice with...
Nutritious Cheesy Rosemary Crackers
الوصفة بالعربي Your house will smell like a bakery in the morning with these small...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.