Entertaining Labna with Debs
By yasmine • December 12, 2015
This 2-ingredient appetizer is by far the easiest finger food you can entertain surprise company with… everyone loves it and thinks it is so elaborate while its super easy!
You can spread it in a sandwich too if you want to add it to your lunchbox!
- 200 gram labna (1 pack) - لبنة
- 2-3 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (to taste) - دبس رمان
- sun-dried tomatoes (OR olives for garnish) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 teaspoon dukka (for garnish) - دقة
Step by step
- Place the labna in a medium bowl and add the pomegranate molasses. Make sure it is entirely mixed in and the dip is creamy.
- Chop a couple of sun-dried tomatoes, olives or fresh tomatoes and add them on top along with some dukka if available.
- Serve with carrot, cucumber and celery fingers, or some crackers.
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed...
Light One-Pot Okra
This is the vegan version of my mother's 'nayy fe nayy bamia'. While she uses stock, I like to...
Molasses & Ginger Roasted Salmon
After several years of grilling salmon and watching cooking shows, I perfected my salmon. It is...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.