Labna & Dukka Baladi Sandwich
By yasmine • August 11, 2015
Such a simple day to day sandwich. You can have the filling prepared and ready in the fridge for a few days and use when needed for your kids’ lunchbox sandwich or as a late night snack with crudités.
- 200 gram labna (1 pack) - لبنة
- 2-3 tablespoon dukka (to taste) - دقة
- 2 baladi bread (OR shami bread - cut in half or quarters) - خبز بلدي/ مصري
Step by step
- Mix the dukka with the labna. You may start with 2 tablespoons and taste as you go if you want to add more. Kids usually prefer milder tastes.
- Toast the bread on the stove or in an oven for a minute or two, before you fill it with the labna & dukka mix to your desire!
Winter-Warming Roasted Chestnuts
You know that cold winter night when you just need to cuddle on the sofa and nibble at something?...
Summer Watermelon Salad
This Summer Watermelon Salad is light and refreshing! This is definitely the perfect salad for hot...
Delicious Breakfast: Millet Porridge with Dates & Blueberries
Millet has replaced oats in my book for some time now. I love the texture of it, it tastes more...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.