Baked Kofta Rolls
By Lina Khalil • February 11, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
It’s a very easy quick recipe, you can do it in less than 15 min. And enjoy the best taste you can take as a snack or main dish if served with macaroni or rice.
This recipe was uploaded by Lina Khalil.
- 21 piece puff pastry (squares) - عجينة الباف باستري
- 1/2 kg minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 2 egg yolks - صفار البيض
- 1 whole egg - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 teaspoon spices (for meat) - بهارات
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line oven tray with parchment paper.
- Mix minced meat with the egg, salt, pepper and any meat spices you like.
- Shape the mix into kofta fingers.
- Roll one puff pastry square around each kofta finger. Kofta must be entirely covered, just the upper and bottom parts are visible.
- Stir two egg yolks in a bowl. Brush each puff pasty kofta generously with egg yolk.
- Place the rolls on the tray. Put the tray in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Bon appetite ;)
Scrumptious Homemade Pretzels
Did you know that yummy pretzels can be baked from your leftover pizza dough? Yes – this is for...
Farmer’s Brunch Omelet
Last time I was visiting Germany, I ate this amazing Bauernkartoffeleier – an omelet specialty of...
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]