No-Junk Kids’ Burger
By shahdan • May 7, 2015
If burger is a kids-favourite dish, why don’t we make it as healthy as we can? This burger bursts with hidden veggies and is made from 100% minced beef. It is easy and super delicious. We really shouldn’t buy those ready-made stuff. Let’s give our children healthy options, and they sure WILL appreciate it…
- 500 gram minced meat (beef) - لحم مفروم
- 2 large zucchini - كوسة
- 1 large carrot - جزرة
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to brush the burger) - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Grate the carrot and the zucchini.
- Mix the minced beef with the grated veggies, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Form the minced beef into 8 burger patties.
- Brush the burger with a little olive oil and grill in a hot skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side (without pressing so they don't dry out.)
- Serve on burger buns.
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall...
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
Baked Chicken Fingers
الوصفة بالعربي If my daughter had the option, she would have eaten fried breaded...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]