No-Junk Kids’ Burger
By shahdan • May 7, 2015
If burger is a kids-favourite dish, why don’t we make it as healthy as we can? This burger bursts with hidden veggies and is made from 100% minced beef. It is easy and super delicious. We really shouldn’t buy those ready-made stuff. Let’s give our children healthy options, and they sure WILL appreciate it…
- 500 gram minced meat (beef) - لحم مفروم
- 2 large zucchini - كوسة
- 1 large carrot - جزرة
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to brush the burger) - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Grate the carrot and the zucchini.
- Mix the minced beef with the grated veggies, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Form the minced beef into 8 burger patties.
- Brush the burger with a little olive oil and grill in a hot skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side (without pressing so they don't dry out.)
- Serve on burger buns.
Baked Chicken Meatballs with Quinoa & Oats
الوصفه بالعربي From 12 months. These baked chicken quinoa meatballs are low in fat...
The Rice-Meatball Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي Turn CairoCooking's Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting...
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.