By yasmine • June 1, 2017
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
- 500 gram liver (thinly sliced) - كبدة
- 2 green peppers (thinly sliced) - فلفل أخضر
- generous salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/2 green chili pepper (chopped OR chili powder to taste) - فلفل أخضر حار
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- In medium bowl, place washed livers and add cumin, salt and pepper, garlic and vinegar and let it marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and fry the sliced green peppers and chili if using any for 5 minutes (you can also use chili powder and add it at the end of the cooking time).
- Add the liver with all its sauce and stir to make sure it is equally distributed in the pan. Keep the heat at medium and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so until livers are cooked through. You make add a couple of spoons of water if you feel the liver is getting dried out.
- Squeeze half a lime over it and serve it warm. Drizzle with Tahini and chopped parsley. You can eat it with rice or baladi bread and more Tahini!
The Shrimp Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي This is originally a Crave recipe that I learned to do at home. It...
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any...
Quick Wholemeal Scones with Walnuts & Raisins
This is a nutritious wholemeal scones recipe with walnuts & raisins prepared in less than 30...
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]