By yasmine • June 1, 2017
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
- 500 gram liver (thinly sliced) - كبدة
- 2 green peppers (thinly sliced) - فلفل أخضر
- generous salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/2 green chili pepper (chopped OR chili powder to taste) - فلفل أخضر حار
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- In medium bowl, place washed livers and add cumin, salt and pepper, garlic and vinegar and let it marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and fry the sliced green peppers and chili if using any for 5 minutes (you can also use chili powder and add it at the end of the cooking time).
- Add the liver with all its sauce and stir to make sure it is equally distributed in the pan. Keep the heat at medium and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so until livers are cooked through. You make add a couple of spoons of water if you feel the liver is getting dried out.
- Squeeze half a lime over it and serve it warm. Drizzle with Tahini and chopped parsley. You can eat it with rice or baladi bread and more Tahini!
Daim Double Chocolate Cake
The cake is a result of a random thought that struck at a moment of boredom motivating me to try...
Blue Cheese Roasted Figs
Figs season is here and its time to get creative! This is a great sweet and sour recipe for those...
Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
It's a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It's great to have as a dip or a...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.