By yasmine • June 1, 2017
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
- 500 gram liver (thinly sliced) - كبدة
- 2 green peppers (thinly sliced) - فلفل أخضر
- generous salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/2 green chili pepper (chopped OR chili powder to taste) - فلفل أخضر حار
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- In medium bowl, place washed livers and add cumin, salt and pepper, garlic and vinegar and let it marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and fry the sliced green peppers and chili if using any for 5 minutes (you can also use chili powder and add it at the end of the cooking time).
- Add the liver with all its sauce and stir to make sure it is equally distributed in the pan. Keep the heat at medium and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so until livers are cooked through. You make add a couple of spoons of water if you feel the liver is getting dried out.
- Squeeze half a lime over it and serve it warm. Drizzle with Tahini and chopped parsley. You can eat it with rice or baladi bread and more Tahini!
The Simplest Renga Baladi
Such a simple and tasty recipe that takes us back to our childhood and still makes an amazing...
Meat Goulash (Egyptian Beef Filo Pie)
The meat goulash is such a traditional dish in Egypt and the south part of the Mediterranean. You...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]