Indian Butter Chicken
By shahdan • October 28, 2018
The Indian Butter Chicken is a restaurant quality dish that you can eat in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely a family favourite, simply served with white rice. The fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, and ginger in the sauce make it not only mouthwatering but also wholesome.
- 4 boneless chicken (breast fillets) - دجاج مخلى
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil - زيت عباد الشمس
- For the sauce:
- 1 medium onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 2 large garlic cloves (sliced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 tablespoon garam masala - جاراماسالا
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1/4 ground cumin teaspoon - كمون
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional) - شطة مطحونة
- 6 medium tomato (about 500g - diced) - طماطم
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 1/2 cup water - ماء
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar - سكر
- 2 tablespoon butter (30g) - زبدة
- 4 tablespoon coconut cream - كريمة جوز الهند
- 1 handful coriander (to garnish) - كزبرة
- 2 tablespoon cashew nuts (to garnish) - الكاجو
Step by step
- Slice chicken breasts into cubes and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and turmeric.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pan and cook chicken on high heat until golden from outside but not cooked through. Set aside.
- In a deep pot, heat remaining oil. Sauté onions on medium heat for 4-5 minutes then add garlic and ginger and sauté for another 2-3 minutes stirring frequently until onions are softened and translucent.
- Add all spices and stir for one minute on low heat to release their aroma. Stir in chopped tomatoes.
- Finally add, water, tomato paste and sugar. When it comes to a boil, cover and let it all simmer on low heat for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and sauce has thickened.
- Using a handheld mixer, puree the sauce into a smooth consistency.
- Return to heat and add chicken. Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes making sure chicken is cooked through.
- Add butter and coconut cream. Mix gently until butter has melted and cream has been combined into the sauce. Taste and adjust salt & pepper.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander and chopped cashew nuts.
Lemon & Butter Fish en Papillote
Simple fish dish that truly impresses with its little gift like look and deliciousness. Once you...
Light Garlic Green Beans with Pine Nuts
A change to traditional green beans recipes, these garlicky green beans with pine nuts make a...
Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]