Ice Cream Cookie Cups
By Marilyn Rizkallah • January 15, 2016
Whether you’re a fan of freezing ice cream on cold winter nights or not, you’ll love this one!
- 1/2 cup butter (melted - PLUS some more for brushing the baking tins) - زبدة
- 2 medium eggs - بيض
- 3/4 cup brown sugar - سكر بني
- 3/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- chocolate chips (optional) - قطع شوكولاتة صغيرة
- ice cream - أيس كريم
- chocolate sauce (to taste) - صوص الشيكولاتة
Step by step
- Whisk melted butter with the sugar, vanilla and eggs with a handheld mixer or using a whisk.
- In a seperate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Gradually, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix further until all the ingredients are combined. Mix in the chocolate chips at the end (if you're using any) and make sure they are evenly distributed.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- To bake, brush about 5 individual pyrex glasses with butter or coconut oil from the inside to avoid the dough sticking while baking.
- Divide the dough and carefully spread it out inside the glasses to make even cup shapes.
- Place the cups in the oven until nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside (about 8-10 minutes).
- Once out of the oven, allow them to cool another 10 minutes before carefully detaching the cookie cups. Fill with your favourite ice cream and drizzle with a generous amount of chocolate sauce. Bon Appetit!
Pulled Beef & Onions
A unique take on the Egyptian meat and onions casserole. Recipe uploaded by Nada...
Comforting Potato & Leek Soup
Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven. The creaminess of potatoes mixed with the mild...
Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty,...
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]
Pomegranate Jallab with Silvered Almonds
Such a simple refreshing drink, this Pomegranate Jallab is a popular drink in Lebanon and Syria on hot summer days or after a heavy meal. So easy to prepare in individual cups in a couple of minutes. You can also use date molasses for a different taste.
Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
Easy & quick Chocolate Mug Cake to satisfy your chocolate craving. Recipe uploaded by Noha Gaafar.
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling the kitchen with the smell lets me think of my grandmother’s house and our family lunches ending with dipping these biscuits in the grown-ups hot teas. Our family calls it ‘our biscotti’ (like the Italian), because it looks and smells like it, yet […]