Ice Cream Cookie Cups
By Marilyn Rizkallah • January 15, 2016
Whether you’re a fan of freezing ice cream on cold winter nights or not, you’ll love this one!
- 1/2 cup butter (melted - PLUS some more for brushing the baking tins) - زبدة
- 2 medium eggs - بيض
- 3/4 cup brown sugar - سكر بني
- 3/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- chocolate chips (optional) - قطع شوكولاتة صغيرة
- ice cream - أيس كريم
- chocolate sauce (to taste) - صوص الشيكولاتة
Step by step
- Whisk melted butter with the sugar, vanilla and eggs with a handheld mixer or using a whisk.
- In a seperate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Gradually, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix further until all the ingredients are combined. Mix in the chocolate chips at the end (if you're using any) and make sure they are evenly distributed.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- To bake, brush about 5 individual pyrex glasses with butter or coconut oil from the inside to avoid the dough sticking while baking.
- Divide the dough and carefully spread it out inside the glasses to make even cup shapes.
- Place the cups in the oven until nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside (about 8-10 minutes).
- Once out of the oven, allow them to cool another 10 minutes before carefully detaching the cookie cups. Fill with your favourite ice cream and drizzle with a generous amount of chocolate sauce. Bon Appetit!
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Hearty Homemade Lentil Soup
Comfort food at its best...this homemade lentil soup is easy, super nutritious and so...
Red Cabbage Warm Salad
This red cabbage warm salad is a nice change to your traditional greens-based salads. The sweetness...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other? My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes. […]