By shahdan • November 17, 2015
Hummus falafel is a great variation of the traditional broad bean (foul) falafel. This recipe will be of special interest to anyone living abroad, because chickpeas are much easier to find than the Egyptian ‘foul madshoush’. You will be surprised by how easy it is to prepare the falafel at home. All you really need is a good food processor. Soak the chickpeas in water overnight, and you will not need more than 15 minutes in the next morning to prepare the greenest and most delicious falafel dough. You may then divide it into smaller portions, and freeze it in suitable containers.
- 500 gram chickpeas (soaked for 12 hours or overnight) - حمص
- 2 cup leek (chopped leeks) - كرات
- 4 large garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 1/2 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 2 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 2 teaspoon salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 cup vegetable oil (to fry one batch) - زيت نباتي
Step by step
- Drain the soaked chickpeas and rinse with fresh water then place them in a food processor.
- Roughly chop the upper green parts of the parsley and coriander (it's ok to keep some stalks).
- Blend all ingredients together (except the frying oil) until you reach a relatively smooth falafel dough. Pour the dough into a bowl and use a fork to give it another stir to ensure all ingredients are well-combined.
- To fry, heat oil in a deep pan. Use your hands to form falafel patties and carefully drop one by one in the hot oil. You may also use an ice cream scoop. Fry until golden then transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve immediately.
This is the lentil recipe that all your friends will want! My mom learned it from a friend, and...
Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
This is a very easy dinner party dish that will wow your guests. It is also loaded with healthy...
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet, creamy, and so heart-warming, what's a better winter warmer than home baked...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]