Honey Mustard Chicken
By shahdan • June 9, 2018
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking.
This marinade is also perfect for a juicy whole chicken as well as drumsticks, that roast in the oven. Add a drizzle of olive oil before roasting these for about an hour in the oven or until it is cooked through.
- 600 gram chicken breast fillet (sliced into strips) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- For the chicken marinade:
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard - مستردة ديجون بالحبوب
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus an extra drizzle for the pan) - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1 tablespoon lime (juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- Season chicken with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl then pour over the chicken and make sure all pieces are well coated. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least one hour or overnight.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or griddle pan. Cook the chicken on all sides on medium heat until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with extra Grainy Dijon mustard on the side and garnish with lime slices.
Beetroot & Goat Cheese Salad
The combination of beetroot and goat cheese is just heavenly. The honey-glazed almonds add...
Grain-free Almond Bread
الوصفة بالعربي This is a simple recipe for grain-free bread made with almonds and...
Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger...
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]