Honey Mustard Chicken
By shahdan • June 9, 2018
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking.
This marinade is also perfect for a juicy whole chicken as well as drumsticks, that roast in the oven. Add a drizzle of olive oil before roasting these for about an hour in the oven or until it is cooked through.
- 600 gram chicken breast fillet (sliced into strips) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- For the chicken marinade:
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard - مستردة ديجون بالحبوب
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus an extra drizzle for the pan) - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1 tablespoon lime (juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- Season chicken with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl then pour over the chicken and make sure all pieces are well coated. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least one hour or overnight.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or griddle pan. Cook the chicken on all sides on medium heat until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with extra Grainy Dijon mustard on the side and garnish with lime slices.
Vietnamese Spring Vegetables Soft Rolls
This is the ultimate summer appetiser! Full of crunch and freshness and oh so good for you. You can...
Chicken Avocado Sandwich
Whether it's your child's packed lunch or your own, make sure it's healthy and wholesome! It is...
Cucumber & Carrot Pickles
الوصفة بالعربي A bowl of pickles is always a plus on the table. It also adds a new...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Indian Butter Chicken
The Indian Butter Chicken is a restaurant quality dish that you can eat in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely a family favourite, simply served with white rice. The fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, and ginger in the sauce make it not only mouthwatering but also wholesome.
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.