Homemade Vanilla & Coconut Cake
By CairoCooking • September 26, 2016
Baking this gluten-free Vanilla & Coconut Cake is so easy, it’ll become your new favourite healthy lunchbox treat! If you love the practicality of using ready-made cake mixes, but you worry about what they contain, this Red Mill Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake Mix is what you are looking for. It is specially designed for gluten, wheat and dairy intolerant people. Even if you don’t have a gluten issue, we have found gluten free flour lighter on the stomach and easier to digest.
This mix is also lightly sweetened, making you only worry about the wet ingredients and your favorite additions like dried cranberries, golden raisins, dark chocolate chips, or wholesome minced dates.
- 1 pack vanilla cake mix (about 500g)
- 5 eggs - بيض
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted) - زيت جوز الهند
- 1/3 cup water (lukewarm) - ماء
- 3-4 tablespoon coconut flakes - رقائق جوز الهند
- 1 cup dates (minced) OR dried cranberries OR chocolate chips - بلح
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a rectangular 23x13cm cake pan with parchment paper by placing the paper then brushing over it with coconut oil.
- In a food processor or using a handheld mixer, beat the eggs. Add coconut oil and mix for another 30 seconds then slowly add the Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake Mix bit by bit until it is all combined.
- Slowly add water, while you are mixing, to achieve the desired cake dough consistency - like a smooth, velvety and heavy liquid.
- Stop the mixer and manually stir in minced dates (or chocolate chips or dried cranberries.)
- Pour the dough into the cake tin and place it in the middle of the oven for 40-45 minutes. Halfway through, sprinkle the cake with coconut flakes. You can check the doneness of the cake by poking a toothpick or knife through it. It should come out clean. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before cutting through.
Circkle Crackle Nut Candies
These nut candies are such a yummy, sweet and crunchy dessert in little balls. Nuts, seeds, coconut...
Morning Booster: Creamy Porridge with Fruits
What’s healthier and more filling than a bowl of creamy oats and fruits for...
Fennel & Potato Soup – the ultimate winter warm up!
The warmth of the potato creaminess and the crispiness of the fennel as well as its subtle...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.