Homemade Bounty Bars
By Maha Yacine • September 11, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This is a simple dessert you can prepare in advance and keep in the fridge for surprise visits or prepare as a gift for friends. We made them into mini bars since it's a heavy high-calorie dessert. They were chewy and indulgent - a dream to any coconut lover. For the chocolate we preferred melting high quality cooking chocolate instead of the overly sugary milk chocolates.
This dessert is based on 3 ingredients only yet delicious and easy to prepare!
Your kids will enjoy preparing them with you too.
- 70 gram coconut (3/4 cup) - جوز الهند
- 100 gram condensed milk (1/3 cup) - لبن مركز محلى
- 100 gram chocolate bar - لوح شكولاته
Step by step
- Mix the coconut with the sweetened condensed milk and let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- After this time, form bars by putting the mixture into a rod-shaped silicone mold or folding it in your hands. Put in the freezer for another half an hour.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate. Then dip the bars one by one in melted chocolate. Leave to drain on a wire rack and refrigerate for half hour just until chocolate hardens.
Cinnamon & Chili Spiced Hot Chocolate
This is such an intense cup of hot chocolate! With its special spice mix, it has a deep yet...
Oregano & Sumac Chicken with Classic Freekeh
Oregano & sumac marinated chicken breast fillets are served on a bed of nutritious freekeh, and...
Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]