Homemade Bounty Bars
By Maha Yacine • September 11, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This is a simple dessert you can prepare in advance and keep in the fridge for surprise visits or prepare as a gift for friends. We made them into mini bars since it's a heavy high-calorie dessert. They were chewy and indulgent - a dream to any coconut lover. For the chocolate we preferred melting high quality cooking chocolate instead of the overly sugary milk chocolates.
This dessert is based on 3 ingredients only yet delicious and easy to prepare!
Your kids will enjoy preparing them with you too.
- 70 gram coconut (3/4 cup) - جوز الهند
- 100 gram condensed milk (1/3 cup) - لبن مركز محلى
- 100 gram chocolate bar - لوح شكولاته
Step by step
- Mix the coconut with the sweetened condensed milk and let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- After this time, form bars by putting the mixture into a rod-shaped silicone mold or folding it in your hands. Put in the freezer for another half an hour.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate. Then dip the bars one by one in melted chocolate. Leave to drain on a wire rack and refrigerate for half hour just until chocolate hardens.
The Juiciest Shish Tawook
الوصفه بالعربي Simple, juicy, and full of flavour... This Shish Tawook recipe will...
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
Wholesome Black-Eyed Pea Salad
It's time to give black-eyed peas a chance since it is creamy, nutritious and full of goodness...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]