Warm Halva Pudding
By yasmine • April 10, 2016
If you are a fan of Halva (like me), you will fall in love with this sweet and simple dessert. You can prepare it in less than 20 minutes for your midnight indulgences or to impress friends and family. Originally a Turkish dessert, this pudding offers an oriental flavor with a creamy texture.
- 1 small apple (peeled & grated) - تفاحة
- 200 gram halva (sesame paste) - حلاوة
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (OR dairy milk) - حليب اللوز
- 1 lime (juice & zest) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon oil (only for greasing) - زيت
- cinnamon powder (for garnish) - قرفة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease small oven dish (15x15cm for example) with butter and set aside.
- In a blender, mix halva, grated apple, lime juice and zest and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into greased dish making sure it is evenly distributed. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top.
- Place the dish in the middle of the oven for about 12-15 minutes. You can turn on the broiler at the end for just a minute or two to brown the top. Let it cool for a couple of minutes before you serve it warm.
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet, creamy, and so heart-warming, what's a better winter warmer than home baked...
Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
It's a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It's great to have as a dip or a...
Banana & Date Whole-Wheat Cake
I came across a lot of baking recipes when I tried to introduce my toddler to sweets without adding...
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the quickest & most delicious homemade pizza. No kneading and no waiting time is required for the dough. Just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out and get ready to add your favourite toppings. This recipe also includes […]