Warm Halva Pudding
By yasmine • April 10, 2016
If you are a fan of Halva (like me), you will fall in love with this sweet and simple dessert. You can prepare it in less than 20 minutes for your midnight indulgences or to impress friends and family. Originally a Turkish dessert, this pudding offers an oriental flavor with a creamy texture.
- 1 small apple (peeled & grated) - تفاحة
- 200 gram halva (sesame paste) - حلاوة
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (OR dairy milk) - حليب اللوز
- 1 lime (juice & zest) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon oil (only for greasing) - زيت
- cinnamon powder (for garnish) - قرفة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease small oven dish (15x15cm for example) with butter and set aside.
- In a blender, mix halva, grated apple, lime juice and zest and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into greased dish making sure it is evenly distributed. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top.
- Place the dish in the middle of the oven for about 12-15 minutes. You can turn on the broiler at the end for just a minute or two to brown the top. Let it cool for a couple of minutes before you serve it warm.
Simplified Sayyadeya Fish
This fish sayyadeya casserole is perfect for a lazy summer day. The fish is tender and delicious...
Garlic & Vinegar Slow-Cooked Lamb: Lamb Vindaloo
This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge which closes Dec 5, 2015. Click here to...
Paleo Chocolate Mousse
Paleo cooking refrains from processed sugars and gluten but doesn't compromise on good taste. This...
Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With colourful veggies, sweet crunchy apples and a hint of fresh dill & spring onions, this salad also makes an exciting cold side dish for grilled meat, chicken and fish.
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.