Warm Halva Pudding
By yasmine • April 10, 2016
If you are a fan of Halva (like me), you will fall in love with this sweet and simple dessert. You can prepare it in less than 20 minutes for your midnight indulgences or to impress friends and family. Originally a Turkish dessert, this pudding offers an oriental flavor with a creamy texture.
- 1 small apple (peeled & grated) - تفاحة
- 200 gram halva (sesame paste) - حلاوة
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (OR dairy milk) - حليب اللوز
- 1 lime (juice & zest) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon oil (only for greasing) - زيت
- cinnamon powder (for garnish) - قرفة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease small oven dish (15x15cm for example) with butter and set aside.
- In a blender, mix halva, grated apple, lime juice and zest and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into greased dish making sure it is evenly distributed. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top.
- Place the dish in the middle of the oven for about 12-15 minutes. You can turn on the broiler at the end for just a minute or two to brown the top. Let it cool for a couple of minutes before you serve it warm.
Delicious Breakfast: Millet Porridge with Dates & Blueberries
Millet has replaced oats in my book for some time now. I love the texture of it, it tastes more...
Morning Booster: Creamy Porridge with Fruits
What’s healthier and more filling than a bowl of creamy oats and fruits for...
Buttery & Easy Ghorayeba
This buttery Ghorayeba (traditional Eid cookies) is relatively easy to achieve at home. It is...
Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle
This Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle is the simplest way to the heart of a loved one. It impresses with its salmon flavor and creaminess, while it is quick and easy to prepare.
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]