Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
By yasmine • July 18, 2015
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed!
For a more luxurious serving, you can replace the tomato arugula salad topping with some boiled and cut asparagus seasoned with black pepper and olive oil.
- 500 gram halloumi cheese (sliced horizontal) - جبنه حالوم
- 2 tomatoes (chopped) - طماطم
- 1 handful arugula (thinly sliced) - جرجير
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for grilling) - زيت زيتون
- AND 1 tablespoon olive oil (for dressing) - زيت زيتون
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 teaspoon oregano (optional) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large pan and grill the sliced Halloumi on both sides until golden. Sprinkle with fresh black pepper while grilling.
- In the meantime, mix the cubed tomatoes with the arugula and top it with the rest of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Lay the grilled Halloumi slices on the serving plate then cover each slice with a couple of tablespoons from the tomato arugula salad. You may sprinkle some oregano on top before serving.
Traditional Sweet Qatayef
The traditional sweet Qatayef are different in each home. Some people add almonds and pistachios,...
Spinach & Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato & Carrot Cream Sauce
This recipe is the runner-up to #MyBestDish cooking competition. This recipe is perfect for any...
Arugula Eggplant Salad
Here's what I love about this arugula eggplant salad: it looks and tastes fancy, yet doesn't...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.