Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
By yasmine • July 18, 2015
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed!
For a more luxurious serving, you can replace the tomato arugula salad topping with some boiled and cut asparagus seasoned with black pepper and olive oil.
- 500 gram halloumi cheese (sliced horizontal) - جبنه حالوم
- 2 tomatoes (chopped) - طماطم
- 1 handful arugula (thinly sliced) - جرجير
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for grilling) - زيت زيتون
- AND 1 tablespoon olive oil (for dressing) - زيت زيتون
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 teaspoon oregano (optional) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large pan and grill the sliced Halloumi on both sides until golden. Sprinkle with fresh black pepper while grilling.
- In the meantime, mix the cubed tomatoes with the arugula and top it with the rest of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Lay the grilled Halloumi slices on the serving plate then cover each slice with a couple of tablespoons from the tomato arugula salad. You may sprinkle some oregano on top before serving.
الوصفة بالعربي A traditional Palestinian feast on a plate... The flavours and aroma...
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Fillets
الوصفه بالعربي This is the recipe you need for those super busy days. Toss the...
Chicken Strips with Pickled Lemon Sauce
الوصفة بالعربي A new take on chicken that is not just lovely when you're cooking for...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]