Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
By yasmine • July 18, 2015
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed!
For a more luxurious serving, you can replace the tomato arugula salad topping with some boiled and cut asparagus seasoned with black pepper and olive oil.
- 500 gram halloumi cheese (sliced horizontal) - جبنه حالوم
- 2 tomatoes (chopped) - طماطم
- 1 handful arugula (thinly sliced) - جرجير
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for grilling) - زيت زيتون
- AND 1 tablespoon olive oil (for dressing) - زيت زيتون
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 teaspoon oregano (optional) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large pan and grill the sliced Halloumi on both sides until golden. Sprinkle with fresh black pepper while grilling.
- In the meantime, mix the cubed tomatoes with the arugula and top it with the rest of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Lay the grilled Halloumi slices on the serving plate then cover each slice with a couple of tablespoons from the tomato arugula salad. You may sprinkle some oregano on top before serving.
الوصفة بالعربي A traditional Palestinian feast on a plate... The flavours and aroma...
Late Night Date & Custard Pie
This Date & Custard Pie is a result of a ready-made pie crust from Gourmet and the love for...
The Charlotte Cake
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits! Recipe by Mai...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.