Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
By shahdan • August 4, 2015
This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an addiction!
- 4 large chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) - بودرة ثوم
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 200 gram mushrooms - عش الغراب
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 cup water (240 ml) - ماء
- 3 cup yoghurt (the individual cup from supermarket) - زبادي
- 3 teaspoon corn flour - نشا
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or more) - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 handful sun-dried tomatoes (finely chopped) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped for garnish) - بقدونس
- 1 sprig rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cut the chicken into cubes, and marinate with salt, pepper and garlic powder. (You can ask the supermarket butcher to cube it for you when you buy it.) Leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge (preferably for one hour).
- Dissolve the corn flour in a little water (around 1/8 cup or less) to avoid any lumps, then mix it with the yoghurt and Dijon mustard in a bowl and set aside (leave at room temperature).
- Use a damp clean towel or wet kitchen paper to wipe your fresh mushrooms. (Mushrooms are never washed because they absorb the water.) You may cut them or just leave them whole!
- Next, heat olive oil in a large skillet and fry the chicken for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms and 2 crushed garlic cloves and stir constantly until the chicken is golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of water to the chicken- mushrooms skillet, while scraping the skillet with a wooden spoon to release all the browned bits. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spoon some of the simmering water to the yoghurt bowl to gradually warm the yoghurt, and mix.
- Stir in the warm yoghurt mix into the skillet and lower the heat.
- Add the chopped sundried tomatoes, the rosemary, and taste to adjust the seasoning. You may add extra Dijon for a stronger flavour, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve!
Luscious Tuna Wrap
In this luscious wrap, tuna is made creamy with labna cheese to substitute heavy mayonnaise! Add...
Traditional Dessert Sugar Syrup
This syrup is the main sweetener of most if not all Oriental desserts. You can prepare it in...
Baby Banana Ice Cream
From 12 months. Not just because of dairy, but also because extra cold contents are not as easy to...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]