Fresh Guava & Pomegranate Dessert
By yasmine • October 22, 2015
This fruit dessert is a simple family favourite celebrating the seasonal pomegranate and guava. The combination is creamy, tangy and sweet. Whether you want to have it a staple in your fridge or want to serve it to your guests, this dish will definitely be repeated!
- 1-2 piece pomegranate seeds (around 1.5 cups) - بذور رمان
- 1 kg guava (peeled & cut into half wedges) - جوافة
- 1 orange (juiced - 1/2 cup) - برتقالة
- 1-2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 3-4 honey (to taste) - عسل
- 1 tablespoon mint (OPTIONAL - torn leaves for garnish) - نعناع
Step by step
- In a blender or holding a hand held mixer, blend only half the guava pieces, the honey and lime and orange juice into a thick juice. If you feel, the consistency is too thick - add little water bit by bit until it is the consistency of a light smoothie.
- Put the blended mix in a deep bowl, add the rest of the guava wedges and all the pomegranate seeds and mix until they are thoroughly combined. Mix in some more honey if you feel is needed.
- Finally, add some torn mint leaves for garnish and let it refrigerate for half an hour. It is served best cold.
Rocca-Cranberry Labna Sandwich
If you are out of healthy and different sandwich ideas, try this one. It’s easy, super healthy,...
Quick Coconut Chicken Curry
The Coconut Chicken Curry is a favourite in our house and my quick go-to dish on busy days. It...
Classic Mahalabeya (Milk Pudding)
This is an easy straight-forward recipe for classic Mahalabeya. The cream is essential because it...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]