Fresh Guava & Pomegranate Dessert
By yasmine • October 22, 2015
This fruit dessert is a simple family favourite celebrating the seasonal pomegranate and guava. The combination is creamy, tangy and sweet. Whether you want to have it a staple in your fridge or want to serve it to your guests, this dish will definitely be repeated!
- 1-2 piece pomegranate seeds (around 1.5 cups) - بذور رمان
- 1 kg guava (peeled & cut into half wedges) - جوافة
- 1 orange (juiced - 1/2 cup) - برتقالة
- 1-2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 3-4 honey (to taste) - عسل
- 1 tablespoon mint (OPTIONAL - torn leaves for garnish) - نعناع
Step by step
- In a blender or holding a hand held mixer, blend only half the guava pieces, the honey and lime and orange juice into a thick juice. If you feel, the consistency is too thick - add little water bit by bit until it is the consistency of a light smoothie.
- Put the blended mix in a deep bowl, add the rest of the guava wedges and all the pomegranate seeds and mix until they are thoroughly combined. Mix in some more honey if you feel is needed.
- Finally, add some torn mint leaves for garnish and let it refrigerate for half an hour. It is served best cold.
The Rice-Meatball Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي Turn CairoCooking's Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting...
Basterma Green Salad
This salad will definitely go on your favorites list if you are a basterma fan. I served it once...
No-Bake Cheese Cake
This is a simple classic no-bake cheese cake with a strawberry jam...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]