Green Bulgur Salad
By shahdan • October 28, 2018
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox.
The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked black lentils. To cook the lentils, simply rinse 3/4 cup lentils with water and place in a pot. Cover with water and leave to boil for about 20 minutes or until lentils are soft. Drain water and leave to cool.
- 1 cup bulgur - برغل
- 1.5 cup black lentils (cooked) - عدس بجبة
- 1 cup peas (half boiled and rinsed with cold water) - بسلة
- 1 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 bunch parsley (large bunch) - بقدونس
- 1 bunch coriander (large bunch) - كزبرة
- 1/4 cup mint (leaves only) - نعناع
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1/4 cup lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Wash bulgur, cover with boiling water, then cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix lentils with corn and peas.
- Finely chop parsley and coriander discarding only the last half of the stems. Chop mint leaves and add all greens to the grains bowl and mix.
- Prepare dressing in a small jar or cup. Pour over the salad and season generously with salt and pepper.
- After 15-20 minutes of soaking in boiling water, bulgur will be soft. Use a sieve to discard extra water and place bulgur in a large salad bowl.
- Season bulgur with salt and pepper and leave to cool before you add the rest of the salad.
- Finally add pomegranate seeds, mix gently and serve, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Balsamic Roasted Figs with Citrus Ricotta
This is one of those dishes that gets some people impressed from the sweetness combo with the...
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and...
Easter Greek Brioche
When Sham ElNesseem is coming our way, all I can think of is the smell of my grandmother's Easter...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]