By shahdan • May 18, 2019
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
- 4 medium cucumber - خيار
- 3 medium tomato - طماطم
- 1/2 small red onion - بصلة حمراء
- 1 handful black olives (good quality kalamata olives) - زيتون أسود
- 1 slice feta cheese - جبنه فيتا
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 2 small lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional) - مسطردة ديجون
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar and set aside.
- Slice cucumbers, tomatoes and red onions in a bowl. Drizzle some of the dressing on top and mix gently.
- Scatter olives over the salad and crumble the cheese or leave as a slice on top. Spoon more of the dressing on top and serve.
Yummy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Egyptian farmers are now growing all these new vegetables and greens that were earlier either...
Colourful Easter Pancakes
Easter is almost here and here is an easy colorful pancakes breakfast for such an...
Soy & Ginger Bulgur Salad
The soy & ginger bulgur is an exotic and tasty salad on its own, as well as a great side dish...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]