By shahdan • May 18, 2019
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
- 4 medium cucumber - خيار
- 3 medium tomato - طماطم
- 1/2 small red onion - بصلة حمراء
- 1 handful black olives (good quality kalamata olives) - زيتون أسود
- 1 slice feta cheese - جبنه فيتا
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 2 small lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional) - مسطردة ديجون
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar and set aside.
- Slice cucumbers, tomatoes and red onions in a bowl. Drizzle some of the dressing on top and mix gently.
- Scatter olives over the salad and crumble the cheese or leave as a slice on top. Spoon more of the dressing on top and serve.
Smoked Salmon, Radish & Avocado Salad
Some delicious dishes are just too easy to prepare, like this family favorite Salmon & Avocado...
Chicken Livers with Pomegranate Molasses
This chicken liver recipe is delicious and easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes. It works as a...
Butter & Garlic Carrot Bites
From 12 months. The best solution to help toddlers (from 1 year) feed themselves is to provide...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]