Guiltless Granola Bars
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 4, 2015
These Guiltless Granola Bars are the perfect snack. It is crunchy, semi-sweet and super-filling.
- 3/4 cup coconut (shredded) - جوز الهند
- 1/2 cup almonds (chopped) - لوز
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds - بذور اليقطين
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds - بذور عباد الشمس
- 1/4 cup flax seeds (ground) - بذور الكتان
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (raisins or dried blueberries may be used) - التوت البري المجفف
- pinch salt - ملح
- 1/4 cup honey - عسل
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or peanut butter) - زبدة اللوز
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line pan with parchment paper & lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Throw coconut, almonds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds into a large frying pan. Place over low/medium heat and stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from heat and place in a large mixing bowl with the ground flax seeds, cranberries and sea salt.
- Add honey and almond butter into the mixing bowl and mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Transfer mix into the pan and press down evenly. Take some time to really pack it in there. (If you don’t pack it down firmly enough, the bars might crumble.)
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Once cool, lift parchment paper out of the tin and slice into bars with a sharp knife. Keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
This pudding is perfect for you and your family. Blueberries slow the growth of various cancers,...
Morning Booster: Creamy Porridge with Fruits
What’s healthier and more filling than a bowl of creamy oats and fruits for...
Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
In the kitchen, I'm a fan of rich flavor, but more important than that - an easy recipe, like this...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]