Guiltless Granola Bars
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 4, 2015
These Guiltless Granola Bars are the perfect snack. It is crunchy, semi-sweet and super-filling.
- 3/4 cup coconut (shredded) - جوز الهند
- 1/2 cup almonds (chopped) - لوز
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds - بذور اليقطين
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds - بذور عباد الشمس
- 1/4 cup flax seeds (ground) - بذور الكتان
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (raisins or dried blueberries may be used) - التوت البري المجفف
- pinch salt - ملح
- 1/4 cup honey - عسل
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or peanut butter) - زبدة اللوز
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line pan with parchment paper & lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Throw coconut, almonds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds into a large frying pan. Place over low/medium heat and stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from heat and place in a large mixing bowl with the ground flax seeds, cranberries and sea salt.
- Add honey and almond butter into the mixing bowl and mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Transfer mix into the pan and press down evenly. Take some time to really pack it in there. (If you don’t pack it down firmly enough, the bars might crumble.)
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Once cool, lift parchment paper out of the tin and slice into bars with a sharp knife. Keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time....
الوصفة بالعربي Hummus falafel is a great variation of the traditional broad bean...
Soy & Ginger Bulgur Salad
The soy & ginger bulgur is an exotic and tasty salad on its own, as well as a great side dish...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]