Grain-free Almond Bread
By Shewekar Elgharably • December 9, 2015
This is a simple recipe for grain-free bread made with almonds and pumpkin seeds and served with love.
- 1 1/2 cup almonds (whole raw) - لوز
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch (or tapioca) - أرووروت النشا
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds - بذور اليقطين
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds - بذور عباد الشمس
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 eggs (organic eggs) - بيض
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts (soaked soaked mixed w 1/4 cup water & 1 tbsp apple cider) - الكاجو
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup - شراب القيقب
- sesame seeds (for topping) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Grease & dust loaf pan w coconut oil & rice flour.
- Grind the raw almonds. Mix almonds together with the arrowroot starch or tapioca. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds & chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients - eggs, cashew cream, olive oil & organic maple syrup.
- Mix wet & dry together until there no lumps. Pour into the pan & smooth the top, sprinkle with rock salt & sesame seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Allow it to cool before cutting it.
Beetroot & Mint Dip
Beetroot & mint are a match made in heaven! This hearty Beetroot & Mint dip is sweet,...
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall...
The Rice-Meatball Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي Turn CairoCooking's Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]