Grain-free Almond Bread
By Shewekar Elgharably • December 9, 2015
This is a simple recipe for grain-free bread made with almonds and pumpkin seeds and served with love.
- 1 1/2 cup almonds (whole raw) - لوز
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch (or tapioca) - أرووروت النشا
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds - بذور اليقطين
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds - بذور عباد الشمس
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 eggs (organic eggs) - بيض
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts (soaked soaked mixed w 1/4 cup water & 1 tbsp apple cider) - الكاجو
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup - شراب القيقب
- sesame seeds (for topping) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Grease & dust loaf pan w coconut oil & rice flour.
- Grind the raw almonds. Mix almonds together with the arrowroot starch or tapioca. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds & chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients - eggs, cashew cream, olive oil & organic maple syrup.
- Mix wet & dry together until there no lumps. Pour into the pan & smooth the top, sprinkle with rock salt & sesame seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Allow it to cool before cutting it.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
الوصفه بالعربي This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes...
Yummy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Egyptian farmers are now growing all these new vegetables and greens that were earlier either...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]