Grain-free Almond Bread
By Shewekar Elgharably • December 9, 2015
This is a simple recipe for grain-free bread made with almonds and pumpkin seeds and served with love.
- 1 1/2 cup almonds (whole raw) - لوز
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch (or tapioca) - أرووروت النشا
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds - بذور اليقطين
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds - بذور عباد الشمس
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 eggs (organic eggs) - بيض
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts (soaked soaked mixed w 1/4 cup water & 1 tbsp apple cider) - الكاجو
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup - شراب القيقب
- sesame seeds (for topping) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Grease & dust loaf pan w coconut oil & rice flour.
- Grind the raw almonds. Mix almonds together with the arrowroot starch or tapioca. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds & chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients - eggs, cashew cream, olive oil & organic maple syrup.
- Mix wet & dry together until there no lumps. Pour into the pan & smooth the top, sprinkle with rock salt & sesame seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Allow it to cool before cutting it.
Turmeric Basmati Rice
Yellow turmeric rice is the perfect companion to all curry dishes! I also like to serve it with...
Wholewheat & Oats Fruity Pancakes
These nutritious wholewheat pancakes with oats and fruits are made delicious with added bananas...
Mixed Bean Salad
The Mixed Bean Salad is perfect for everyday and large gatherings espeically summer barbecues....
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]