Gluten-Free Buckwheat Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 10, 2015
- 200 gram wild rice - الأرز البري
- 200 gram buckwheat - الحنطة السوداء
- ½ lemon ( zest peeled, & juiced ) - ليمون
- ½ orange ( zest peeled & juiced) - برتقالة
- 120 ml olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and crushed ) - فص ثوم
- 100 gram dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 75 gram walnut - عين جمل / جوز
- 5 spring onion (thinly sliced ) - بصلة خضراء
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- handful parsley (roughly chopped ) - بقدونس
- handful red cabbage (roughly chopped) - كرنب أحمر
- 2 tablespoon basil - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon tarragon (roughly chopped ) - طرخون
- handful kale (roughly chopped & sauteed) - كيل
Step by step
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add the wild rice and boil gently for 35-40 minutes, until the grains start to pop open and are al dente. Rinse under cold water and leave to drain.
- In another small pan, bring 400ml water to a boil. Turn the heat to very low, stir in the buckwheat, cover and cook for six to eight minutes; stir once or twice more. Set aside for a few minutes with the lid on, then leave to cool.
- Once both grains are cool, mix them in a large bowl with the lemon & orange zest, garlic, cranberries, walnuts and spring onions.
- Mix the oil with the orange & lemon juice, garlic and a teaspoon of salt, and add with the grain mixture.
- Before serving, stir in the herbs, red cabbage & kale.
- Serve immediately.
Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a...
Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With...
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a...
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Adding lentils to Tabboula, not only gives this classic salad a beautiful earthy flavour, but it also makes it filling and nutritious enough to be a complete vegan dish on its own, or delightful side dish served next to grilled protein.
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]
Comforting Potato Gratin – A Shortcut Recipe
This potato gratin is not just delicious, it can be ready in as short as 30 minutes! You need to thinly slice the potatoes (unpeeled and all) with a mandolin or with the knife setting of the food processor. Also, boiling the potatoes for 10 minutes in little water and steam helps it get cooked […]