Gluten-Free Buckwheat Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 10, 2015
- 200 gram wild rice - الأرز البري
- 200 gram buckwheat - الحنطة السوداء
- ½ lemon ( zest peeled, & juiced ) - ليمون
- ½ orange ( zest peeled & juiced) - برتقالة
- 120 ml olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and crushed ) - فص ثوم
- 100 gram dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 75 gram walnut - عين جمل / جوز
- 5 spring onion (thinly sliced ) - بصلة خضراء
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- handful parsley (roughly chopped ) - بقدونس
- handful red cabbage (roughly chopped) - كرنب أحمر
- 2 tablespoon basil - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon tarragon (roughly chopped ) - طرخون
- handful kale (roughly chopped & sauteed) - كيل
Step by step
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add the wild rice and boil gently for 35-40 minutes, until the grains start to pop open and are al dente. Rinse under cold water and leave to drain.
- In another small pan, bring 400ml water to a boil. Turn the heat to very low, stir in the buckwheat, cover and cook for six to eight minutes; stir once or twice more. Set aside for a few minutes with the lid on, then leave to cool.
- Once both grains are cool, mix them in a large bowl with the lemon & orange zest, garlic, cranberries, walnuts and spring onions.
- Mix the oil with the orange & lemon juice, garlic and a teaspoon of salt, and add with the grain mixture.
- Before serving, stir in the herbs, red cabbage & kale.
- Serve immediately.
My friend prepared these for a kids party and they were a big hit! Both, kids and grown ups, loved...
Chicken Livers with Pomegranate Molasses
This chicken liver recipe is delicious and easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes. It works as a...
Vegetable Glass Noodles
Who wouldn't like a bowl of Asian Glass noodles with luscious fresh vegetables? It is perfect and...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]