Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
By yasmine • November 14, 2018
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right winter carb. We chose Fusilli for this dish because of its spiral/ textured shape which helps the pasta to better hold onto the sauce with its simple yet flavourful ingredients.
Prepare it for a heartwarming dinner then take leftovers (if any are left!) into your lunchbox the next day. It is a filling meal in a bowl.
- 200 gram pasta (half a pack) - معكرونة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/4 cup peas - بسلة
- 1/2 cup cauliflower (small florets) - قرنبيط
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- a drizzle cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
Step by step
- Place pasta in a medium pot and cover with hot water. Bring it to a boil then bring heat down to medium/low and let it simmer until cooked through.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil and butter in a large pan. Sauté garlic for a couple minutes.
- Add peas and cauliflower florets. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Use a ladle to transfer about half cup water from the pasta to the vegetables. Let it come to a simmer, lower heat and cover until cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Drain cooked pasta and add it to the vegetables. Drizzle cooking cream if using any. Stir and adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and take it off the heat. Serve in a pasta bowl sprinkled with grated cheese.
Entertaining Labna with Debs
الوصفة بالعربي This 2-ingredient appetizer is by far the easiest finger food you can...
No-Fuss Green Juice
You need a slow juicer for this recipe - or you can use a strong blender and add half cup of...
Baby Spinach & Mozzarella Salad
Great for entertaining, this salad was created when I decided we need to eat these two beautiful...
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]
Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne
This Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne is known as Lasagnes Aux Deux Saumons in its native, France. Recipe is by Dina Hamdi. This Lasagnes Aux Deux Saumons recipe has been on my to-do-list for a very long time! My inspiration for this recipe was the same dish I tried back in Paris in a restaurant […]