Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
By yasmine • November 14, 2018
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right winter carb. We chose Fusilli for this dish because of its spiral/ textured shape which helps the pasta to better hold onto the sauce with its simple yet flavourful ingredients.
Prepare it for a heartwarming dinner then take leftovers (if any are left!) into your lunchbox the next day. It is a filling meal in a bowl.
- 200 gram pasta (half a pack) - معكرونة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/4 cup peas - بسلة
- 1/2 cup cauliflower (small florets) - قرنبيط
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- a drizzle cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
Step by step
- Place pasta in a medium pot and cover with hot water. Bring it to a boil then bring heat down to medium/low and let it simmer until cooked through.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil and butter in a large pan. Sauté garlic for a couple minutes.
- Add peas and cauliflower florets. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Use a ladle to transfer about half cup water from the pasta to the vegetables. Let it come to a simmer, lower heat and cover until cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Drain cooked pasta and add it to the vegetables. Drizzle cooking cream if using any. Stir and adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and take it off the heat. Serve in a pasta bowl sprinkled with grated cheese.
Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
الوصفة بالعربي A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not...
Vegetable Glass Noodles
Who wouldn't like a bowl of Asian Glass noodles with luscious fresh vegetables? It is perfect and...
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely the perfect dish for special occasions.
Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle
This Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle is the simplest way to the heart of a loved one. It impresses with its salmon flavor and creaminess, while it is quick and easy to prepare.
Rich Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
This rich & silky Tomato Pasta Sauce will be your new favorite pasta sauce. It is not just perfect for everyday but also great for large gatherings when you need a beautiful bowl of pasta. Cooked with ripe Egyptian tomatoes, and garnished with fresh green basil, flavorful Parmesan shaves & creamy Buffalo mozzarella, this pasta […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]