Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
By yasmine • November 14, 2018
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right winter carb. We chose Fusilli for this dish because of its spiral/ textured shape which helps the pasta to better hold onto the sauce with its simple yet flavourful ingredients.
Prepare it for a heartwarming dinner then take leftovers (if any are left!) into your lunchbox the next day. It is a filling meal in a bowl.
- 200 gram pasta (half a pack) - معكرونة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/4 cup peas - بسلة
- 1/2 cup cauliflower (small florets) - قرنبيط
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- a drizzle cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
Step by step
- Place pasta in a medium pot and cover with hot water. Bring it to a boil then bring heat down to medium/low and let it simmer until cooked through.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil and butter in a large pan. Sauté garlic for a couple minutes.
- Add peas and cauliflower florets. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Use a ladle to transfer about half cup water from the pasta to the vegetables. Let it come to a simmer, lower heat and cover until cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Drain cooked pasta and add it to the vegetables. Drizzle cooking cream if using any. Stir and adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and take it off the heat. Serve in a pasta bowl sprinkled with grated cheese.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It's a...
Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something...
الوصفة بالعربي A traditional Palestinian feast on a plate... The flavours and aroma...
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]
No-Bake Mac & Cheese
This is a quick and easy No-Bake Mac & Cheese that my kids love and ask for, especially during the winter season. It is not the lightest meal, but it is hearty and delicious. The cheese sauce is made out of a relatively thinner béchamel sauce where the cheese thickens the consistency making it just […]
Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something comforting about smashing the boiled unpeeled potatoes before roasting, and brushing them with the butter, garlic and herb mixture. They crisp up from the outside, while the inside stays soft and creamy, making it a delicious comfort food […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]