Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
By yasmine • November 14, 2018
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right winter carb. We chose Fusilli for this dish because of its spiral/ textured shape which helps the pasta to better hold onto the sauce with its simple yet flavourful ingredients.
Prepare it for a heartwarming dinner then take leftovers (if any are left!) into your lunchbox the next day. It is a filling meal in a bowl.
- 200 gram pasta (half a pack) - معكرونة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/4 cup peas - بسلة
- 1/2 cup cauliflower (small florets) - قرنبيط
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- a drizzle cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
Step by step
- Place pasta in a medium pot and cover with hot water. Bring it to a boil then bring heat down to medium/low and let it simmer until cooked through.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil and butter in a large pan. Sauté garlic for a couple minutes.
- Add peas and cauliflower florets. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Use a ladle to transfer about half cup water from the pasta to the vegetables. Let it come to a simmer, lower heat and cover until cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Drain cooked pasta and add it to the vegetables. Drizzle cooking cream if using any. Stir and adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and take it off the heat. Serve in a pasta bowl sprinkled with grated cheese.
Zesty Fresh Spinach & Beetroot Salad
Vibrant, nutritious and full of bold textures and flavours... This salad will blow your mind away!...
Balsamic glaze is a thick balsamic vinegar reduction that is great for salads, grilled veggies,...
Poached Egg with Fresh Spinach & Salmon
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it is a great time to spoil yourself and...
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely the perfect dish for special occasions.