Fruit & Oats Cinnamon Nibbling Cake
By yasmine • February 20, 2016
From 12 months.
Everyone loves cake. It is comforting, sweet and soft to the taste. Toddlers at this age like nibbling on their own and this cake is a great option. Lightly sweetened with raw honey, this cake is full of good stuff for your baby.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 3 cup quick oats - شوفان سريع التحضير
- 2 cup almond milk (OR coconut milk or a mix) - حليب اللوز
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 2 tablespoon raw honey (OR maple syrup) - عسل نقي
- 10 piece dates (black or dried - chopped) - بلح
- 2 apples (OR pears, berries, peaches,) - تفاح
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, pour milk and honey and stir well until honey dissolves.
- Add oats and let is soak in the milk for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 200C. Peel and shred the apples using a grater and mince the dates.
- Stir grated apple, minced dates, almond butter and cinnamon in the oat mix and let is soak for another 10 minutes.
- Make sure the batter is perfectly mixed and transfer it into a cake baking dish. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool then transfer it to a serving dish. Serve warm or cold.
Watermelon Ice Popsicles
On a hot summer's day, what's better than a watermelon ice popsicle? Fresh green kiwi (loaded...
Spiced Rice with Beef & Spring Onions
If you love hearty & filling homemade dishes, you will adore this one-pot Spiced Rice with...
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not...
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.