Fresh Coriander & Cucumber Salad
By shahdan • September 13, 2015
Serve and enjoy this salad with CairoCooking’s Asian dishes. With super simple ingredients, this salad is easy, light and refreshing! Fresh coriander adds a unique flavour and aroma, while the cucumber shaves add the sophisticated look!
- 1 medium iceberg lettuce (chopped) - كابوتشا
- 2 medium carrots - جزر
- 4 large cucumber (unpeeled) - خيار
- 1/2 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 1 red chili pepper (optional) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 2 tablespoon lime (lime juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- To prepare the salad, scatter the chopped iceberg lettuce on a flat serving plate.
- Slice the carrots into thin sticks and add on top. You may also grate them.
- Next, use a cucumber peeler to slice the cucumber into long shaves. Arrange the cucumber shaves on top of the lettuce and carrots.
- Scatter fresh coriander leaves on top of the salad and add some chopped red chili pepper if using any.
- In a jar, combine all the dressing ingredients together, and shake well before you pour it on the salad.
الوصفة بالعربي Hummus falafel is a great variation of the traditional broad bean...
Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all...
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.