Fresh Coriander & Cucumber Salad
By shahdan • September 13, 2015
Serve and enjoy this salad with CairoCooking’s Asian dishes. With super simple ingredients, this salad is easy, light and refreshing! Fresh coriander adds a unique flavour and aroma, while the cucumber shaves add the sophisticated look!
- 1 medium iceberg lettuce (chopped) - كابوتشا
- 2 medium carrots - جزر
- 4 large cucumber (unpeeled) - خيار
- 1/2 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 1 red chili pepper (optional) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 2 tablespoon lime (lime juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- To prepare the salad, scatter the chopped iceberg lettuce on a flat serving plate.
- Slice the carrots into thin sticks and add on top. You may also grate them.
- Next, use a cucumber peeler to slice the cucumber into long shaves. Arrange the cucumber shaves on top of the lettuce and carrots.
- Scatter fresh coriander leaves on top of the salad and add some chopped red chili pepper if using any.
- In a jar, combine all the dressing ingredients together, and shake well before you pour it on the salad.
Spinach & Carrot Brown Rice Medley
From 9 months. Like most leafy greens, most doctors allow spinach from 9 months. Spinach is a...
Mini Konafa Cups
These mini Konafa cups are so easy to prepare and just optimal for small gatherings. You can...
Shortcut Baked Apple Crumble
This is such a simple winter dessert, you will find yourself doing again and again. You don't even...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]