Fresh Coriander & Cucumber Salad
By shahdan • September 13, 2015
Serve and enjoy this salad with CairoCooking’s Asian dishes. With super simple ingredients, this salad is easy, light and refreshing! Fresh coriander adds a unique flavour and aroma, while the cucumber shaves add the sophisticated look!
- 1 medium iceberg lettuce (chopped) - كابوتشا
- 2 medium carrots - جزر
- 4 large cucumber (unpeeled) - خيار
- 1/2 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 1 red chili pepper (optional) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 2 tablespoon lime (lime juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- To prepare the salad, scatter the chopped iceberg lettuce on a flat serving plate.
- Slice the carrots into thin sticks and add on top. You may also grate them.
- Next, use a cucumber peeler to slice the cucumber into long shaves. Arrange the cucumber shaves on top of the lettuce and carrots.
- Scatter fresh coriander leaves on top of the salad and add some chopped red chili pepper if using any.
- In a jar, combine all the dressing ingredients together, and shake well before you pour it on the salad.
Roasted Eggplant & Labna Bruschetta
Perfect for brunch and casual gatherings, this roasted eggplant & labna bruschetta is a true...
Roast Chicken with Lime & Herbs
الوصفه بالعربي When it comes to chicken, the combination of lime, thyme and rosemary...
You know that 'batates sandwich' everyone loves at 'foul' shops? These quesadillas are the Mexican...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]