Fresh Coriander & Cucumber Salad
By shahdan • September 13, 2015
Serve and enjoy this salad with CairoCooking’s Asian dishes. With super simple ingredients, this salad is easy, light and refreshing! Fresh coriander adds a unique flavour and aroma, while the cucumber shaves add the sophisticated look!
- 1 medium iceberg lettuce (chopped) - كابوتشا
- 2 medium carrots - جزر
- 4 large cucumber (unpeeled) - خيار
- 1/2 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 1 red chili pepper (optional) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 2 tablespoon lime (lime juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- To prepare the salad, scatter the chopped iceberg lettuce on a flat serving plate.
- Slice the carrots into thin sticks and add on top. You may also grate them.
- Next, use a cucumber peeler to slice the cucumber into long shaves. Arrange the cucumber shaves on top of the lettuce and carrots.
- Scatter fresh coriander leaves on top of the salad and add some chopped red chili pepper if using any.
- In a jar, combine all the dressing ingredients together, and shake well before you pour it on the salad.
Cinnamon & Chili Spiced Hot Chocolate
This is such an intense cup of hot chocolate! With its special spice mix, it has a deep yet...
Grain-free Almond Bread
الوصفة بالعربي This is a simple recipe for grain-free bread made with almonds and...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]