Fresh Coriander & Cucumber Salad
By shahdan • September 13, 2015
Serve and enjoy this salad with CairoCooking’s Asian dishes. With super simple ingredients, this salad is easy, light and refreshing! Fresh coriander adds a unique flavour and aroma, while the cucumber shaves add the sophisticated look!
- 1 medium iceberg lettuce (chopped) - كابوتشا
- 2 medium carrots - جزر
- 4 large cucumber (unpeeled) - خيار
- 1/2 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 1 red chili pepper (optional) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 2 tablespoon lime (lime juice) - ليمون بلدي
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- To prepare the salad, scatter the chopped iceberg lettuce on a flat serving plate.
- Slice the carrots into thin sticks and add on top. You may also grate them.
- Next, use a cucumber peeler to slice the cucumber into long shaves. Arrange the cucumber shaves on top of the lettuce and carrots.
- Scatter fresh coriander leaves on top of the salad and add some chopped red chili pepper if using any.
- In a jar, combine all the dressing ingredients together, and shake well before you pour it on the salad.
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when...
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]